GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS2 is broken!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/01 at 18:57
Regular
I bought my PS2 for Christmas peace with the children

It obnly lasted 5 hours - the PS2 not the peace

It won't power up and has got a game stuck inside it

They're coming to take it away tomoorw - I hope and exchange it for one that will last

So I hope all ends well

MIKE SAWYERS
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:57
Regular
I bought my PS2 for Christmas peace with the children

It obnly lasted 5 hours - the PS2 not the peace

It won't power up and has got a game stuck inside it

They're coming to take it away tomoorw - I hope and exchange it for one that will last

So I hope all ends well

MIKE SAWYERS
Thu 25/01/01 at 12:01
The new sony PS2 is a child's dream consule that they would want for christmas. But after sony held back 1/2 of the Uks orders not so many children were happy. Dixons had a large stock of them in one of thier warehouses but Sony would not let them be released over christmas because of their pre-order scam.
The Ps2 is one of the best consules out at the moment because it can play PSX games, PS2 games and DVD's too. Rather than go by a DVD player most people are buying these because of their high graphics and other bits!
Later on in the year there will be a modem out for it and this will allow you to play games over the internet which will be good for little kids because they'll love the idea of being able to challenge there frinds. I've ordered mine with Special Reserve because it comes with a free DVD remote which the price of one can start at £15 which is a bit expensive to buy.
!!Overall a good consule to buy!!
Sat 24/02/01 at 12:19
The once powerful Sony have finally messed and are plumeting from their oh so high pedastal with the release of their new console the Playstation 2. At this stage in its almost definate short life it is so similar to the mess that was the Sega Saturn that you would have thought they idalised from day one. The release date for this monstrosity was put back further and further (a total of 2 months)so that Sony could make enough consoles to satisfy demand. By this time I had lost all faith in this console ever being anything but a shambles. Adding insult to injury when the PS2 was finally released only a miniscule amount were available to the select few that managed to pre order in time. With the Gamecube and Xbox just around the corner why anyone would want to waist £300 on this machine is beyond me. If you do decide to order this then first look at the games and think are they actually any good or are they just sequels to other PSone games? Also in 12 months time when all of the games have jumped platforms and you are left with a £300 below average DVD player don''t say I didn''t warn you.
Mon 26/02/01 at 04:39
What the hell are u talking about!!!

If i remeber rightly the SNES had problems launching because it couldnt keep up with demand because of the success of the NES.

There was no way Sony could keep up with demand over christmas because so many people had PS1's(74 million) and alot of these owners wanted the PS2, so obviously they was never gonna keep up with demand.

Also if u talk about lack of games if u go back to the launch of PS1 the games on the SNES was better than the PS1!

It's always been this way since gaming started getting bigger, its just the only company that messed up big time was SEGA ohhh 2 machines and both messed up big time they had the 1st 128-bit but STILL couldnt make a success of it.

So while u wait for the dreaded gamecube and satans x-box i`ll sit here playing TimeSplitters, SSX, Moto GP, watching DVD's, Playing PS1 gameson it (FF9), and come march and april The Bouncer GT3 and the shed load of other great games coming out before and during summer.

Yeah no reason what so ever to buy a PS2 LOL!
Mon 26/02/01 at 04:41
Also pls tell me which games have left Playstation pls?

I know munch's odyesse has but hey i am so sad over that i really i am i dont think i could live without playing munch's odyesse!
Wed 07/03/01 at 20:29
The playstation 2 is the best thing to come out of the jap market since pokemon was released.It's great because you can play dvd's and our old and favorite playstation games on it. Igive it 9out of 10
Sun 01/04/01 at 20:32
i have to say that for once im against special reserve!
if you atually play the ps2 for a while - i played the 'RAYMAN REVOLUTION' game and after a while i saw the graphics slip away , the sound had buggard up and the playability got worse and worse , it was seriosly crap!

i admit that i think that SEGA is the best there is but that has nothing to do with my views of the ps2 , at first when the ps2 came out i new the dreamcast had been going well so i thought that it carry on like so , but i also thought that the ps2 would make a good compotion against but now i'm sure that SEGA have been put down by a piece of crap.
Thu 05/04/01 at 21:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Gamer2001, you just believe what you want, it won't make it true! PS2 is not "crap" it does or will do anything you could expect a console to do!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.