GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE OR XBOX ??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 19:00
Regular
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Notable"
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:02
Get a GBA then you can play on the move :0)
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:17
I'll agree that the current Cube games aren'r of the best calibur but they are still good and many Gamcubes titles come out in about 2 months which are definitely worth waiting for, and you may be kicking yourself if you get an xbox and see the Gc titles come out.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:17
"+ suspicious minds"
well, you seem pretty decided about the XBOX. and what kind of a moron asks for reviews of an opposing console on a nintendo forum. and what are you talking about, poor gamecube games. almost all the games i know of on the xbox, burnout, er, ect, are available on the cube.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well at this very moment in time, I'd say it would have to be the X-Box.

The selection of titles on the GC at the moment is 'good' at best. Rogue Leader is probably the best and although it may start out brilliant, it doesn't remain brilliant for long if that's the one game you're relying on. Smash Bros is my opinion, isn't all it's cracked up to be, and Wave Race pales to the original.

On the X-Box, you've got Halo and Project Gotham which probably beat anything on the Gamecube.

However! For the future, I think it has to be Gamecube. I know nothing at all of the X-Box's future but I do know fo thg GC's and I can't see anything beating it. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, F-Zero, MARIO PARTY 4!!!!! and plenty more.

So, I'd say go with the GC at Christmas. You'll have a wealth of quality titles to choose from then including Mario, Metroid and Starfox.
Tue 30/07/02 at 20:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
i recently completed my collection of consoles by getting the gc...
and i have to be honest and say that i am somewhat disappointed
i got rogue leader 2 and super smash bros melee
rogue leader 2 is good...but not as AMAZING as i thought it would be
and super smash bros is far to simplistic for my liking...i have virtua fighter 4 on the ps2 and would much rather play that...
i'm willing to give quite a few games a try though!

i've heard lots of mixed reviews on many of the supposedly "good" gc games such as pikmin and luigi's mansion -some love it some hate it...
i'm gonna keep my gc...cos i want resident evil etc...

as for the xbox...from what i can see the only good games that are out on it imo are most of the launch titles such as oddworld, halo, project gotham, jet set radio future, amped, rallisport challenge, dead or alive 3 (although i still prefer virtua fighter 4 to this too) etc...other than that there haven't been that many good games released...
gun valkyrie, enclave and hunter the reckoning etc have all been great disappointments!

if you like the xbox launch titles and are willing to wait until sept-oct then i'd go for the xbox
Tue 30/07/02 at 20:06
Regular
For me, it would have to be the GameCube, mainly because the future looks so good for it. Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, Turok, Zelda, Perfect Dark: Zero, Mario Kart, Tennis, Golf and Party, Timesplitters 2, Star Fox, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, the list goes on and on. What has the XBox got? Halo 2? Anything else? Possibly, but not as exicting than what is about to come out on the GameCube.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:09
Regular
"accidental superher"
Lugwig wrote:
> For me, it would have to be the GameCube, mainly because the future
> looks so good for it. Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, Turok, Zelda,
> Perfect Dark: Zero, Mario Kart, Tennis, Golf and Party, Timesplitters
> 2, Star Fox, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, the list goes on and on.

yes but i presume he also wants really good games NOW...not later

> What has the XBox got? Halo 2? Anything else? Possibly, but not as
> exicting than what is about to come out on the GameCube.

you're just being slightly ignorant...just cos the only game you have heard of on the xbox is halo...doesn't mean that that you should slate the console...i really can't be bothered to post a big list...
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
beanz wrote:
> Lugwig wrote:
> For me, it would have to be the GameCube, mainly because the future
> looks so good for it. Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, Turok, Zelda,
> Perfect Dark: Zero, Mario Kart, Tennis, Golf and Party,
> Timesplitters 2, Star Fox, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, the list
> goes on andon.
>
> yes but i presume he also wants really good games NOW...not later

Well, you've got Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball, Wave Race, ISS2, Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin, Rogue Leader, Burnout, Crazy Taxi and a few more. All are out now and all are great games.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I can see this turning into a console wars topic... so I'll keep it brief before I dive for cover somewhere...

Firstly to the originator of this topic, it's up to you to make your mind up, only YOU can decide which console will best suit YOUR gaming needs... Also, if you want Xbox opinions, the Xbox forum might be better... most people here will probably go with the Gamecube as it is the Ninty forum...

To others, both consoles have good games. I prefer the Cube so I obviously know more about that than Xbox, and Rogue Leader is a great game, not a breakthrough revolutionary title, but very good all the same, as is Wave Race. Monkey Ball won't be for everyone, but if you enjoy it, the single player will last ages, and the multiplay is great fun even if you have only one controller (take in turns games are on there as well as simultaneous ones). That's all I can comment on as they're the only games I have which are GC exclusives. Will be getting Smash Bros as my GAD soon though, and by the looks of it, if you like Nintendo and their characters throughout the years, it looks like the game for you.

Note I have not in any way said the Cube is better or compared any of the above games to Xbox counterparts. Erm... don't turn this thread into a stupid console wars thing... that'd be stupid...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.