GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE OR XBOX ??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 19:00
Regular
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Sat 03/08/02 at 13:51
Regular
What's with all the talk about the poor calibur of Nintendo GameCube's games? Nintendo are the best games company in the world, and have some class third party developers working for them. Non-believers, just take a look at these:

Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Burnout
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
International Superstar Soccer 2
Super Monkey Ball
Bloody Roar Extreme
Driven
NBA Street
NBA Courtside 2002
Extreme-G3
Pikmin
Red Card

And still to come:

Super Mario Sunshine
Final Fantasy
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
TimeSplitters 2
The Legend Of Zelda
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
ZooCube
WWE Wrestlemania X8
Phantasy Star Online
Turok Evolution
1080: White Storm
Resident Evil 0
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness: Sanctity's Requiem
Starfox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet
Dragon's Lair 3D
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Super Monkey Ball 2
The Matrix
Wario World
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
RTX Red Rock
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Die Hard Vendetta
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Vexx
Gladius
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath Of Cortex
Aggressive Inline
Top Gun: Combat Zones
The Hobbit
XIII
Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat
Smuggler's Run Warzones
MX Superfly
Burnout 2: Point Of Impact
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Project BG&E
Tomb Raider: The Prophecy
Starfox
Splinter Cell

Yep, the GameCube certainly has a very promising future, and a very good looking present.
Sat 03/08/02 at 08:55
Ive just got to set the scene..

it's christmas day,im full to the brim with turkey,I think ill have a go on a pressie.whats that..Ocarina of Time.I sip it iton my machine.I can stil remeber it now.My sisters aincient bwitched album playin as I experianced for the first time kokiro(i can spell it)village.It may seem sad but it was so memorable.I will remeber it for the rest of my life.It was magic.The nintendo difference.

Now dont tell me i get that on a sony or microsoft machine
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:43
Regular
"accidental superher"
picked up a copy of NGC just to check out future games
and i really like the look of:

mario sunshine
resident evil (but then i always wanted this)
zelda -i loved watching the vid where shigsy couldn't find that sword from the monster he killed...meaning he couldn't continue! LOL

not sure about metroid prime with that auto lock on thing....might make the game too simplistic combat wise...but i'll keep an eye on this one

rather disappointed to see there weren't many reviews...and the ones that were reviewed weren't that fantastic

ahh well roll on september/october/november/december (about the same time as when quite a few of the good Xbox games are coming out)
Fri 02/08/02 at 18:09
Regular
"-_-"
If you ask gamecube or xbox in a gamecube forum most people (hopefully) would say gamecub if you asked in an xbox forum they would say xbox (but knowing the 'loyalty' of them they probably wouldn't!)
Thu 01/08/02 at 23:51
Regular
At the moment, the only one I'd consider buying is an Xbox, but that's only because I already have a Gamecube! :-)

As for Smash Brothers, it is simply the best multiplayer game around and a refreshing change from the usual "button combination" based beat-em ups.
It might seem simplistic at first, but get the hang of it's unusual gameplay system and you find that it has as much depth and skill as any of the more "serious" beat-em ups.

Ofcourse, opinions from the likes of Vottanator, Cookie Monster, Bleeders and Beanz show that this game isn't quite EVERYONE's cup of tea.

Play it first and decide if you like it.

Pikmin likewise, strange at first but fantastic once you get into it.

The really big titles don't appear for about a month or so but I think that the likes of Rogue Leader and Monkey Ball can last you until then.
It's your call.
Thu 01/08/02 at 22:22
Regular
nasty neighbour wrote:
> Xbox = well done you have just spent £200 on a big black box
> with a green blob so you can say you have the most powerful console
> around ( the fact no games test it doesnt mean it isnt worth the
> money)

A bit unfair that. Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Wreckless, GTA3, and many more to come. Soon, X-Box will be the console to have.
Thu 01/08/02 at 18:19
Regular
Right here i go my opinion of why to buy each console:

PS2 = now you can use the excuse of having more games (no matter that most are rubbish)

Xbox = well done you have just spent £200 on a big black box with a green blob so you can say you have the most powerful console around ( the fact no games test it doesnt mean it isnt worth the money)

GBA = You can now experience and relive the gaming era that was the SNES.

GC = despite the fact it has a "kiddy" logo it has some of the best games and developers that are mostly exclusive, also the fact resi evil is coming you can now forget the days you were kicked aroung the play ground for being a little "kiddy".
Thu 01/08/02 at 17:43
Regular
"In and out :)"
I have to agree that the xbox has got 1 or 2 good games out atm but gamecube is much much better with still lots of good games to come out and I dont like the size of the xbox its too big!
Thu 01/08/02 at 17:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Malcior wrote:
> XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.

Oh dear.
Misinformationalert.
GTA isn't on XBOX. Yet.
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
Totoro wrote:
> beanz wrote:

> yes but i presume he also wants really good games NOW...not later
>
>
> Well, you've got Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball, Wave Race, ISS2, Smash
> Bros Melee, Pikmin, Rogue Leader, Burnout, Crazy Taxi and a few more.
> All are out now and all are great games.

i've heard very mixed reviews about luigi's mansion and pikmin -and also i know that they are REALLY short...
you can get crazy taxi for 20 quid for the ps2...and they're near enough the same version...actually i'm waiting for crazy taxi 3 cos that has basically 1+2 in it as well
i have burnout on my ps2
ISS2 -not my sort of game

I have SSBM and am not impressed with it
rogue leader is okay though

might get wave race and monkey

i have to say i have been disappointed with my gc so far...i've only had it for a few days though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.