GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX OR GAMECUBE ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 15:24
Regular
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Tue 30/07/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Notable"
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Tue 30/07/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Malcior wrote:
I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX.

-------

The XBox is made by Microsoft. It is good.
Tue 30/07/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Malcior wrote:
>The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor.

Did you forget about:

Resident Evil 1 & Zero
Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Rouge Leader
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pikmin
ISS2
1080 Snowboarding: White Storm
The Legend Of Zelda
Metroid Prime
Dinosaur Planet
Turok Evolution
Timesplitters 2
Eternal Darkness
Mario Party 4
James Bond 007: NightFire
Phantasy Star Online
XIII
Soul Calibur 2
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
F-Zero

They all look pretty good to me.
Tue 30/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
Whichever console you go for you'll be more than happy.
I own an XBOX and I think it's excellent - but I'm sure if I owned a GameCube I'd say the same thing.

When you buy a console you're buying into a long term commitment.
I bought an XBOX because the games coming out for it interested me more - the likes of Project Ego, BLiNX and Morrowind - they all seem very innovative, plus I'm a big fan of the Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon games (SEGA) - all of which are getting "exclusive" updates on the XBOX.

Only you can decide, and the best way is to look at the games already out and the forthcoming games for each console and take your pick.
Nothing much else can be said.
Tue 30/07/02 at 16:12
Regular
Personally I would choose the Xbox! I sold my PS2 in order to get one and I haven't regreted it once. It all depends on what style of games you are after, the Xbox is releasing a lot of violent action/adventure style games which envolve shooting and puzzle solving. I might be picking myself up a GameCube this October so I can play Resident Evil (huge fan of the series) and Perfect Dark: Zero (big FPS fan) but other than that there isn't much the interests me in terms of games on the GameCube.

Your list Totoro may look good to you, but to me there are only 2 games out of all those which I want, the rest are multi-platform and I will by them for my Xbox as currently it has all the best versions available. Here is why:

Resident Evil 1 & Zero - Definate purchases! 1
Mario Sunshine - NO!
Luigi's Mansion - NO!
Monkey Ball 1 & 2 - Not my type of game!
Rouge Leader - Yes I will get this! 2
Wave Race: Blue Storm - NO, didn't like N64 version!
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Not into Multi-players!
Pikmin - NO!
ISS2 - port! Get on Xbox!
1080 Snowboarding: White Storm - NO, didn't like N64 version!
The Legend Of Zelda - maybe ???
Metroid Prime - maybe???
Dinosaur Planet - NO!
Turok Evolution - Multi-platfrom! Get on Xbox!
Timesplitters 2 - Multi-platfrom! Get on Xbox!
Eternal Darkness - possibly ???
Mario Party 4 - NO!
James Bond 007: NightFire - Multi-platfrom! Get on Xbox!
Phantasy Star Online - Getting Dreamcast version!
XIII - Not sure ???
Soul Calibur 2 - Multi-platfrom! Get on Xbox!
Mario Golf - NO!
Mario Tennis - NO!
F-Zero - NO!

Out of the list there are 2/3 that I will definatley buy, the rest I am either not interested or they are Multi-Platform so I will get on the Xbox. Personally the list doesn't look that good but I will still be getting a GameCube to play the Resident Evil's and Perfect Dark: Zero. Its all about preferences and which games you would prefer to play, I would say Xbox over GameCube and then like me if you see some games you would like for the GameCube pick one up later on! The choice is yours, weigh up the games on both consoles and see which console has the most games that you want, read reviews and research both consoles, only then will you find which console you are looking for.

Hope this helps!
Tue 30/07/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
But I wasn't making the list for your benefit, I was making it for Malcior.
Whether you like or dislike those games matters nothing to me.
Tue 30/07/02 at 17:32
Regular
I would choose the XBOX. After buying mine, i did'nt regret it.

Depends on what games you are into really..

Btw XIII is coming out on xbox aswell.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:58
Regular
Totoro wrote:
> But I wasn't making the list for your benefit, I was making it for
> Malcior.
> Whether you like or dislike those games matters nothing to me.

If you post in a forum there are going to be more than the person who made the topic replying to it! This was my opinion and infact whether you like or dislike those games does not matter to me either, I was pointing out to Malicor multi-platforms and then saying whether or not I would buy the games on the list. I could get 'my list' and show it off becuase quite frankly it is a list that needs to be showed off but becuase in the past people don't just want a list I stopped, I am sure the Malicor knows what games are coming out so it is't going to do him any good if a lot of people just throw lists at him is it?

In conclusion both are great consoles and everyone has their own opinions, Xbox owners will say get an Xbox and GameCube owners like-wise for their console.
Tue 30/07/02 at 21:10
I like Garbe have and xbox and I will be buying a gamecube very soon plus I have a ps2 but this is down to not missing out on anything (I am greedy) but my favourite out of the 3 so far is xbox but its personal choice really
Tue 30/07/02 at 21:57
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
If you really think that "The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor", then you'd be best advised to get an Xbox.
Although there ARE great games out and coming out for the GC, if they're not your cup of tea, then get something else.
Buy some of the Xbox and Gamecube magazines to see what each console has to offer.

If you have a dvd player (you say you own a PS2) then you could buy NGC Magazine, it's a pretty good mag and it gets a free dvd with some good game footage on it, plus there are many Xbox mags out there with free cds/dvds which also show off the games.

If you really wanted a non-biased answer to the question them you should probably have posted this in FOG Chat, as the majority of people in here would say "buy an Xbox".
Of course they'd be within their rights to say that, but it doesn't really help someone who is looking for an even-sided viewpoint.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.