GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX OR GAMECUBE ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 15:24
Regular
After playing a friends gamecube and owning a PS2, I am now searching for a decent review or opinion of an XBOX. I am deciding to buy either an XBOX or Gamecube and need some help from you guys. The games which are coming out or out now for the gamecube are all pretty poor. XBOX have good games like max payne, GTA and champ man 01/02.
I will be thanful for a good response from someone
Sat 03/08/02 at 23:35
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Those magazines were wrong, the Xbox is the fastest at 733mhz but it
> also has the most powerful graphics card. The GC can shift 16-20
> million polygons per-second but the Xbox shifts between 100-126
> million per-second, the only the GC does slightly better is in-game
> lighting effects where it uses a piece of Hardware that the Dreamcast
> used to use, you go into any major Dizons/Curry/PC World and they have
> a chart for power/speed/graphics etc and the Xbox is top of them all.

Okay, fair enough. This magazine was a freebie anyway. There's a lot of false information going around these days.
Sat 03/08/02 at 19:32
Regular
Those magazines were wrong, the Xbox is the fastest at 733mhz but it also has the most powerful graphics card. The GC can shift 16-20 million polygons per-second but the Xbox shifts between 100-126 million per-second, the only the GC does slightly better is in-game lighting effects where it uses a piece of Hardware that the Dreamcast used to use, you go into any major Dizons/Curry/PC World and they have a chart for power/speed/graphics etc and the Xbox is top of them all.
Sat 03/08/02 at 16:41
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Why does it have better graphical capabiltites? It doesn't thats why,
> the Xbox (as you said is powerful) but it also boasts the bst
> graphixcal capabilities as it has a more powerful graphics card than
> the GameCube, correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Xbox have a
> 64mb NVIDIA graphics chip which is one of the best on the market. The
> Xbox technically and practically has the better *LOOKING* games, the
> GC also has some awesome graphics (see Resident Evil on IGN for
> breath-takers) and for Resident Evil alone I will be buying a GameCube
> this October, but the Xbox has better graphical capabilities over the
> GameCube, I thought this was common knowledge.

I've read in many a magazine, where it sizes up the consoles that the GameCube is best for graphics but the X-Box is best for speed. The X-Box is 32bit, isn't it? Or so I've heard by way of mouth.
Sat 03/08/02 at 15:26
Regular
> GameCube is cheap (and also best for graphics capabilities), and the
> X-Box is powerful. Get some magazines, and then decide. Whatever one
> you choose, you'll be happy with.

Why does it have better graphical capabiltites? It doesn't thats why, the Xbox (as you said is powerful) but it also boasts the bst graphixcal capabilities as it has a more powerful graphics card than the GameCube, correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Xbox have a 64mb NVIDIA graphics chip which is one of the best on the market. The Xbox technically and practically has the better *LOOKING* games, the GC also has some awesome graphics (see Resident Evil on IGN for breath-takers) and for Resident Evil alone I will be buying a GameCube this October, but the Xbox has better graphical capabilities over the GameCube, I thought this was common knowledge.
Sat 03/08/02 at 11:54
Regular
Well, there are very good games on both consoles and I would suggest getting both, if you have the cash. I have a GameCube (which I am very happy with) and I'm also saving up for an X-Box (the reason I've recently joined this forum).

Now, the GameCube is backed by Nintendo and Rare. Nintendo, the best games company in the world, and Rare isn't far behind. If you like innovation, a good puzzle, and imagination (shown in games such as Mario, and The Legend Of Zelda) then the GameCube is definitely for you.

The X-Box is backed by Microsoft, newcomers to the gaming world. They have, however, provided us with excellent games such as Age Of Empires, Combat Flight Simulator and Halo. If you want ultra realistic, frantic shoot 'em ups, or some hardcore gaming challenges (well, SSBM on the GC is the hardest game I've ever come across) then choose the X-Box.

Then again, there's the third parties. Due to the size of GameCube's discs, it's fairly easy to manuacture for, and if you were to buy a GameCube magazine, you'd see a wealth of games by third parties coming to the console.

Then again, the X-Box is the most powerful console and this also attracts developers, making for lots of games on the X-Box too, and both consoles have promised at least 150 games by Christmas, so you won't feel short changed, whatever your purchase.

I'm not going to recommend a console, seeing as people differ. The GameCube is cheap (and also best for graphics capabilities), and the X-Box is powerful. Get some magazines, and then decide. Whatever one you choose, you'll be happy with.
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Edgys right. Decide for yourself. Start asking yourself questions like "Mario or Blinx?" "Zelda or ProJect Ego?" "Metroid or Halo 2?"

Buy a few Xbox and GC mags, take a good look at the current and future titles then decide from that.

Whichever you choose you can't go far wroung.
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:32
Regular
I would suggest the GameCube, but most people in here will more than likely suggest the X-box, this being the X-box forum an' all.

If you really want my advice, forget every comment everyone has said in all your topics about each console and make a choice out of your own personal tastes. Afterall, you can't really go wrong by picking the console you prefer can you?
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:29
Regular
Get a gaycube cos itz da best and xbox is big heavy gay black box with gay gams and gay controls itz gay.

Microgayz suc menz willys cus they is gay my mom says so and she a 2 dollar hoe so she know best
Wed 31/07/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I would say get an Xbox.
Wed 31/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
Oops typo *he

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.