GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Green Portal: The Birth"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 11:56
Regular
The year is 2003, still fan boys are doing their stuff and JATs are constantly putting their foot in it, and the other thing that has not changed…. Is the XBOX sales.
Still they are lagging behind and this is how and why this terrible portal opened.

Bill Gates was sitting at his desk looking at the sales of the XBOX he was well pleased with them, the he realised the BO in XBOX was upside down and immediately he turned it around, the sales had gone down by 117%, people were now bringing them back in asking for there money back.
But still no one had any idea that Billy was getting mad, for he had released the profits he made from the last year and they were still up high and the gaming public put it down to the latest edition of windows, when in fact he was still in profit because he hadn’t had his hair cut all year.

Soon no one saw Bill Gates for days on end with just seeing his shadow pacing up and down his office floor, that few days lost him 2 stone, people then began speculating what he was doing.
The usual cries of “he’s going to top him self” and “will somebody think of the children” came from the crowd that was gathering below the tall office of his.

Then a press conference was held where all his ideas were laid out in front of the crowd his idea of which was made due to the 100th Xbox being sold and making Billy at an all time high was …. A special edition XBOX where the green bit lit up.
This was the biggest let down in the history of video gaming.

But to one little boy, called tim, this was his life ambition to get the green bit to light up, many a day had he opened his Xbox up to make some where to place his playboy mags, and then think I wonder what the green bit is for.

So he decided he needed the Xbox, it was said to be on sale in the office it self tomorrow morning. He decides to sleep there over night to make sure he would be there so he could get it.

He woke up in a cold sweat worrying he had over slept and would be beaten to the Xbox, but in stead he woke up to a short man leaning over him begging him to buy his Xbox, Bill Gates of course, so he had it gave Bill the £250 and went of happily home waiting to play with his new black fridge…. uh box.

He finally got home sweating like mad wishing he had brought his wheel barrow, he got it inside and plugged it all in he then switched the power on and the green came to life, it was a whirling green pool, unlike a cheap LED, just begging for him to touch it.
So like any over worked and under paided kid working at his local shop he did.

He was then sucked in, in to the green portal, as he looked around he saw the old games consoles the snes the mega drive.

He then landed in a place that looked exactly the same as earth but it was in a different year and different events had happened.

He then looked to his right and saw a hovering Bill Gates with a green look in his eyes and he said “welcome to my world Tim”.

At this time Tim realised he would be hovering around him making a little bell sound every time he wanted to say something, which was usually when you get to a bit when you need to concentrate.

To be continued…

Ok this was my first attempt at a story kinda thing and ive never been very good at english, in fact im so bad this took me at least 5 hours and its still not as good as ithought i could make it.
Tue 30/07/02 at 11:56
Regular
The year is 2003, still fan boys are doing their stuff and JATs are constantly putting their foot in it, and the other thing that has not changed…. Is the XBOX sales.
Still they are lagging behind and this is how and why this terrible portal opened.

Bill Gates was sitting at his desk looking at the sales of the XBOX he was well pleased with them, the he realised the BO in XBOX was upside down and immediately he turned it around, the sales had gone down by 117%, people were now bringing them back in asking for there money back.
But still no one had any idea that Billy was getting mad, for he had released the profits he made from the last year and they were still up high and the gaming public put it down to the latest edition of windows, when in fact he was still in profit because he hadn’t had his hair cut all year.

Soon no one saw Bill Gates for days on end with just seeing his shadow pacing up and down his office floor, that few days lost him 2 stone, people then began speculating what he was doing.
The usual cries of “he’s going to top him self” and “will somebody think of the children” came from the crowd that was gathering below the tall office of his.

Then a press conference was held where all his ideas were laid out in front of the crowd his idea of which was made due to the 100th Xbox being sold and making Billy at an all time high was …. A special edition XBOX where the green bit lit up.
This was the biggest let down in the history of video gaming.

But to one little boy, called tim, this was his life ambition to get the green bit to light up, many a day had he opened his Xbox up to make some where to place his playboy mags, and then think I wonder what the green bit is for.

So he decided he needed the Xbox, it was said to be on sale in the office it self tomorrow morning. He decides to sleep there over night to make sure he would be there so he could get it.

He woke up in a cold sweat worrying he had over slept and would be beaten to the Xbox, but in stead he woke up to a short man leaning over him begging him to buy his Xbox, Bill Gates of course, so he had it gave Bill the £250 and went of happily home waiting to play with his new black fridge…. uh box.

He finally got home sweating like mad wishing he had brought his wheel barrow, he got it inside and plugged it all in he then switched the power on and the green came to life, it was a whirling green pool, unlike a cheap LED, just begging for him to touch it.
So like any over worked and under paided kid working at his local shop he did.

He was then sucked in, in to the green portal, as he looked around he saw the old games consoles the snes the mega drive.

He then landed in a place that looked exactly the same as earth but it was in a different year and different events had happened.

He then looked to his right and saw a hovering Bill Gates with a green look in his eyes and he said “welcome to my world Tim”.

At this time Tim realised he would be hovering around him making a little bell sound every time he wanted to say something, which was usually when you get to a bit when you need to concentrate.

To be continued…

Ok this was my first attempt at a story kinda thing and ive never been very good at english, in fact im so bad this took me at least 5 hours and its still not as good as ithought i could make it.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The entire second paragraph was only two sentences.
Whatwereyathinkin?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.