GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo doesn't like you..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 11:53
Regular
but are you suprised?

Over the last few years, a lot of questions have been asked about Nintendo’s commitment to Europe. Why are we charged such high prices? Why are we last to receive hardware/software?

To be honest with you, I know why Nintendo are hesitant in delivering the ‘full experience’ to us, and there are quite a few reasons. Not least being we moan so much. It seems that everyday someone on the forum is posting a topic whinging about something Nintendo related. So stop. Though it’s true that the squeaking wheel gets the oil, too much squeaking and… erm… you’ll get thrown away (… or something).

And too be honest with you, I doubt Nintendo has loads of respect for you. After all, someone keeps t*rd like Spiderman and Harry Potter at the top of the charts for weeks and weeks. So it’s no huge surprise they feel releasing fresh, innovative titles such as Doshin and Animal Leader is not commercially viable. 90% of ‘gamers’ (used VERY loosely) in the UK will buy a game if they’ve seen the film, or if the pictures on the back look good. That leaves only 10%, the Hardcore, who will appreciate the game. And even the Hardcore can’t keep you in the profits forever (take a look at the N64s history).

Lastly, Europe represents a tiny percent of the video game market. What many forget is that Nintendo is a business. Though not as cut-throat as Microsoft (who make their employees queue up outside high-street stores to buy an Xbox, and to cheer for it at launch parties), they do want your money. And theirs no point treating a tramp like a king in the hope for a large tip. The tramp is still a tramp. (In that metaphor, we’re the tramp, see?)

So to sum up: Don’t whine, don’t buy movie tie-ins/titles devoid of ANY innovation/cash cows, and finally, move to America/Japan or buy 50 GameCubes to show that Europe is a force to be reckoned with. Or something.
Tue 30/07/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Omnipresent"
but are you suprised?

Over the last few years, a lot of questions have been asked about Nintendo’s commitment to Europe. Why are we charged such high prices? Why are we last to receive hardware/software?

To be honest with you, I know why Nintendo are hesitant in delivering the ‘full experience’ to us, and there are quite a few reasons. Not least being we moan so much. It seems that everyday someone on the forum is posting a topic whinging about something Nintendo related. So stop. Though it’s true that the squeaking wheel gets the oil, too much squeaking and… erm… you’ll get thrown away (… or something).

And too be honest with you, I doubt Nintendo has loads of respect for you. After all, someone keeps t*rd like Spiderman and Harry Potter at the top of the charts for weeks and weeks. So it’s no huge surprise they feel releasing fresh, innovative titles such as Doshin and Animal Leader is not commercially viable. 90% of ‘gamers’ (used VERY loosely) in the UK will buy a game if they’ve seen the film, or if the pictures on the back look good. That leaves only 10%, the Hardcore, who will appreciate the game. And even the Hardcore can’t keep you in the profits forever (take a look at the N64s history).

Lastly, Europe represents a tiny percent of the video game market. What many forget is that Nintendo is a business. Though not as cut-throat as Microsoft (who make their employees queue up outside high-street stores to buy an Xbox, and to cheer for it at launch parties), they do want your money. And theirs no point treating a tramp like a king in the hope for a large tip. The tramp is still a tramp. (In that metaphor, we’re the tramp, see?)

So to sum up: Don’t whine, don’t buy movie tie-ins/titles devoid of ANY innovation/cash cows, and finally, move to America/Japan or buy 50 GameCubes to show that Europe is a force to be reckoned with. Or something.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:00
Regular
Maybe we get it last because they dont want us being bogged down by stupid games so they release it in Japan and america first and if they dont sell well they wont bother releasing them here.

All i can say is if this is how nintendo treats us becase they dont like us, i hate to think what sony and microsoft think of us releaseing the stupid games they sell over here.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Doshin is coming out in september or november in europe, but bot in america.

I have a strange sense of déja vu, I wonder why.

Le Baguette Magique
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:06
"Stupid Newbie :D"
locky1133 wrote:
> To be honest with you, I know why Nintendo are hesitant in
> delivering the ‘full experience’ to us, and there are quite a few
> reasons. Not least being we moan so much. It seems that everyday
> someone on the forum is posting a topic whinging about something
> Nintendo related. So stop. Though it’s true that the squeaking wheel
> gets the oil, too much squeaking and… erm… you’ll get thrown away (…
> or something).

Yes! Damn you SR posters, its all YOUR fault the Gamecube was not released here at the same time as it was the U.S., all this negative feedback and you never realised Nintendo read through UKchatforums every day and take it to heart. :P

Sorry... had to. Toooooo big a target, restraint was impossible. ;)
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
nasty neighbour, a question: Do you know how to use full stops? Please make your posts into manageable sentences.
That way it is easier to understand what you are trying to say.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:36
"Darkness, always"
Thegerrid wrote:
> nasty neighbour, a question: Do you know how to use full stops?
> Please make your posts into manageable sentences.
> That way it is easier to understand what you are trying to say.

I could understand it fine.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:55
Regular
Thankyou. So I could I.
Tue 30/07/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> locky1133 wrote:
> To be honest with you, I know why Nintendo are hesitant in
> delivering the ‘full experience’ to us, and there are quite a few
> reasons. Not least being we moan so much. It seems that everyday
> someone on the forum is posting a topic whinging about something
> Nintendo related. So stop. Though it’s true that the squeaking wheel
> gets the oil, too much squeaking and… erm… you’ll get thrown away (…
> or something).
>
> Yes! Damn you SR posters, its all YOUR fault the Gamecube was not
> released here at the same time as it was the U.S., all this negative
> feedback and you never realised Nintendo read through UKchatforums
> every day and take it to heart. :P
>
> Sorry... had to. Toooooo big a target, restraint was impossible. ;)

By YOU I mean the collective population, not just SR Posters. I didn't write the collective population because I thought most people would know what I meant. There's always one...
Tue 30/07/02 at 13:28
Regular
You smell of wee and dig your bum out in public, can you blame me for not liking you?
Tue 30/07/02 at 13:41
Regular
A bit rash there, to put it mildly. The reason games aren't released so soon here isn't because Nintendo don't like us, it's because it takes time to adapt them for our consoles. This is a time consuming process, and therefore the price must go up.

You're being a bit stereotypical saying not to buy movie/game tie-ins. Spiderman, Goldeneye, etc are all examples of good movie/game tie-ins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.