GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Player Management and Simulation Football Game................All in one!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 21:10
Regular
The game is similar to a management game eg.championship manager
and a simulation football game eg.FIFA 2001.
Having a game that involves management skills and simulation skills will mean the game will appeal to a wider audience.
This game means you have to be good with your brain aswell as your fingers.

At the beginning of the game you create a football player.
This means designing his hair, eyes, body etc.

Then you have 35 points, which you have to share between 7 categories.
Handling.
Tackling.
Passing.
Shooting.
Pace.
Stamina.
Heading.
These points should reflect the position on field you desire to play.

The points effect the way you play and can improve as the game progresses.

You start the game off at the age of 15 in a youth team of a conference club, when you play well consistently you get moved into the reserve team and then eventually the 1st team. If you play outstandingly in the youth team you may go straight into the 1st team. If you play bad you may get dropped for a game or two.

You have your own agent that try’s to set you up with other teams.
Teams transfer for you when you play well/have a good season.

There is also another screen that gives you a number of options off the pitch.

Diet - Money - Training

Diet

Eat well = fitter/healthier
Eat badly = unfit/unhealthy
(Also effects stamina)

Money

Salaries (Vary depending on what team you play for and what kind of contract you are on).

Things you can buy with your money.

Football boots(effects speed, passing and shooting).
Shin pads (injury prone).
Hair cut (effects heading).
Charity (Popularity).
T.V (so you can watch the match highlights from the game you last played).
Food (effects diet).
Hiring agents (transfers).
Bribes (can effect popularity or success).

You receive money when you have interviews but this can effect your popularity with the club and fans.

You can also make money by betting. You can put money on before the game and can bet on a number of things:

Betting can make you a lot of money but can also damage your popularity if you bet too much and get found out or if you lose a lot of money.
You can also bribe people, your manager to get you into the first team, opposition goalie to score more goals, referee to be bias. One thing, don’t get caught or you could lose more than just your money.

Training

If you spend time in the gym or on the training field you improve your skills and therefore have more chance of getting into better clubs.

The objective of the game is to work yourself up the leagues.
When you get too old to play football you can retire and just concentrate on the "off the field option" and manage or coach a team.

In this game you have to be good at playing football and managing it.

I think that the combination of the 2 would be effective as this type of game has never been used before (Player Manger is similar but in that game you manage and play the whole team.......in this one you concentrate on just one player).

Hope you like the idea!
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:10
The game is similar to a management game eg.championship manager
and a simulation football game eg.FIFA 2001.
Having a game that involves management skills and simulation skills will mean the game will appeal to a wider audience.
This game means you have to be good with your brain aswell as your fingers.

At the beginning of the game you create a football player.
This means designing his hair, eyes, body etc.

Then you have 35 points, which you have to share between 7 categories.
Handling.
Tackling.
Passing.
Shooting.
Pace.
Stamina.
Heading.
These points should reflect the position on field you desire to play.

The points effect the way you play and can improve as the game progresses.

You start the game off at the age of 15 in a youth team of a conference club, when you play well consistently you get moved into the reserve team and then eventually the 1st team. If you play outstandingly in the youth team you may go straight into the 1st team. If you play bad you may get dropped for a game or two.

You have your own agent that try’s to set you up with other teams.
Teams transfer for you when you play well/have a good season.

There is also another screen that gives you a number of options off the pitch.

Diet - Money - Training

Diet

Eat well = fitter/healthier
Eat badly = unfit/unhealthy
(Also effects stamina)

Money

Salaries (Vary depending on what team you play for and what kind of contract you are on).

Things you can buy with your money.

Football boots(effects speed, passing and shooting).
Shin pads (injury prone).
Hair cut (effects heading).
Charity (Popularity).
T.V (so you can watch the match highlights from the game you last played).
Food (effects diet).
Hiring agents (transfers).
Bribes (can effect popularity or success).

You receive money when you have interviews but this can effect your popularity with the club and fans.

You can also make money by betting. You can put money on before the game and can bet on a number of things:

Betting can make you a lot of money but can also damage your popularity if you bet too much and get found out or if you lose a lot of money.
You can also bribe people, your manager to get you into the first team, opposition goalie to score more goals, referee to be bias. One thing, don’t get caught or you could lose more than just your money.

Training

If you spend time in the gym or on the training field you improve your skills and therefore have more chance of getting into better clubs.

The objective of the game is to work yourself up the leagues.
When you get too old to play football you can retire and just concentrate on the "off the field option" and manage or coach a team.

In this game you have to be good at playing football and managing it.

I think that the combination of the 2 would be effective as this type of game has never been used before (Player Manger is similar but in that game you manage and play the whole team.......in this one you concentrate on just one player).

Hope you like the idea!
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:20
Great Idea DeeJay!!!

If that game came out today, I'd buy it!!

SeeYa
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:27
Hi

I'm a great admirer of management games, I can spend hours on them.

I also like games such as FIFA 2001 and I love the way you have linked the 2 together.

I think that I would be pretty good at the game and I think it would be cool playing 2 player.
Wed 15/11/00 at 16:03
Well...it took me about 10 miutes to read it...but....
It was well worth it!

I think the idea is a good one and I like the way that you can bet and bribe too!!!
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:25
Regular
I was looking back at some of the older posts and thought this one looked pretty good.

I have ressurected this topic!

I think DeeJay's poor attempt of having 3 people posting on his topic is pretty amusing, considering they are all by himself :)

Dav1d

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.