GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone else getting thier psx2 chipped?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 20:31
Regular
I might get my playstation chipped so you can save about £35 on each game but what if it goes wrong and theres £300 down the drain.
Is anyone else getting the chip and whats the price?
Tue 14/11/00 at 20:31
I might get my playstation chipped so you can save about £35 on each game but what if it goes wrong and theres £300 down the drain.
Is anyone else getting the chip and whats the price?
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:01
Regular
I would only consider getting my PS2 chipped once it is proven they will not blow up. It takes a brave man to risk £300 to save £35 on a game.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:12
Nope, I definitely won't be. I'm not really bothered with import games.
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
I actually find it more satisfing spending fourty quid a time on new games. That way there you get more enjoyment out of purchases. Call me crazy if you want but I wouldnt take a chance on imports.
Tue 14/11/00 at 22:17
For me, it's not even a matter of price. I don't agree with staggered launch dates, for games *or* movies, but I'd rather have the official UK product.

I certainly couldn't be bothered with Japanese imports because of the language barrier. As for US games, I'm not fussed about them either. The "major problem" of PAL 'borders' seems trivial to me - I can't say I've ever noticed them when engrossed in a game!

Anyway, even with my widescreen TV, I get far worse borders on a lot of widescreen movies on DVD; game borders are tiny in comparison.

As for UK games being slightly slower, even that doesn't bother me. Unless you've played a US version - or see them running side by side - you won't know it anyway. Besides, most games seem more than quick enough for me, anyway!
Tue 14/11/00 at 22:50
i'm not getting my PS2 chipped cuz it's not safe but i am getting sumthing else done to it,
i'm only getting this done so i can play import games from the us that didn't get to make it out over here,
and

(mumble) and maybe get cheaper games
Thu 16/11/00 at 10:49
Regular
"not dead"
Babylonian wrote:

> Anyway, even with my widescreen TV, I get far worse > borders on a lot of widescreen movies on DVD; game
> borders are tiny in comparison.

Can't you get rid of them by changing the screen size? On my TV there are some 'zoom' buttons, that fill out the screen, getting rid of the borders all together.
Mind you I haven't tried watching any Widescreen movies on it yet, so I don't really know.
Thu 16/11/00 at 11:08
> Can't you get rid of them by changing the screen size? On my TV
> there are some 'zoom' buttons, that fill out the screen, getting
> rid of the borders all together.

Certainly can! I usually play my PS games with the TV set to 'Zoom' mode. But to be honest, this is more to get rid of the HUGE borders down the sides in 4:3 mode than the relatively tiny horizontal borders on the games.

(By the way, for those who are wondering... the side borders are the result of displaying a 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen. You always have them, and it's nothing to do with the PlayStation.)
Mon 12/05/08 at 19:22
Regular
Brand new dakine quiver bag - won it in a raffle - £60-ONO

contact me(ross) or mum(kay) or ring 01237451689

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.