GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Reasons to buy a Cube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 20:52
Regular
Ok, well most of you here will already have a Cube, but in the off chance that you don't, here are 5 very good reasons that will make you see sense. :-)

1.) It's made by Nintendo. The King of all Console developers are back with possibly their last games console, but it'll certainly be the best. Finally Nintendo made that large jump from cartridges to CDs, which makes for a cheaper console, which makes for more developers joining up, which makes for more games, which makes for more money. The main thing here though is, it's made by Nintendo, and that's why anyone that doesn't have a Cube should buy one.

2.) Rareware. Where would a Nintendo console be without the mighty developers Rare? They would be without Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Lylat Wars and Goldeneye, which were all in the top 10 games chart on the N64. Most of these games will return on GC, except Goldeneye, and there will be another great selection of games coming out also. Rare haven't shown much life so far towards the GC, but no doubt they are working away on something magnificent down at Twycross. There has been talk of Rare moving to multi-format gaming, but they probably won't, as half of their games are connected to Nintendo, who would obviously not like them on any other consoles. Rare are the main developers besides Ninty on the GC.

3.) Mario. Mario for Nintendo is like Snake for Sony, Sonic for Sega or Halo for X-Box. Without a Mario game on a console, Nintendo will lose quite a bit of money, and lots of respect. There was no Mario game at launch, but the GC still did well. If there was a Mario game at launch, the GC would have done even better, as Mario Sunshine has shown, making the GC sell superbly as it is released in Japan. Hopefully the GC sales will recieve a huge boost too when Mario is released in the US and the UK.

4.) Link. Link is trendsetter for Nintendo, as his previous games across lots of different Nintendo consoles prove. So many other adventure games have tried to use techniques from Legend of Zelda games. Some have been good, and some have been bad, but the main thing is, none of them have managed to better Link in any way, and hopefully this'll be the result when Legend of Zelda: GC comes out. Shigsy's imagination looked to have gotten the better of him when he decided to make Link a whole lot younger for this game, and use cel-shading as well. He never keeled over in the pressure from the fans though, and now that we're all looking at this game properly, it looks mighty good!

5.) Shigsy. Oh, where would Nintendo be without this magical games designer that goes by the name of Shigeru Miyamoto? Not very far, it has to be thought. Shigsy's mad imagination has brought us Link, Mario and and Donkey Kong games that have been better than any other games that we've seen across many other Ninty consoles. His brilliance has already brought us Pikmin for the GC, and in the next few years, Shigsy will no doubt be ready to bring us more wonderfully insane titles that we will all enjoy. Shigsy simply rules.

There you go. 5 reasons to buy the Cube. Now go on, buy one. :D

AJ.
Mon 29/07/02 at 20:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ok, well most of you here will already have a Cube, but in the off chance that you don't, here are 5 very good reasons that will make you see sense. :-)

1.) It's made by Nintendo. The King of all Console developers are back with possibly their last games console, but it'll certainly be the best. Finally Nintendo made that large jump from cartridges to CDs, which makes for a cheaper console, which makes for more developers joining up, which makes for more games, which makes for more money. The main thing here though is, it's made by Nintendo, and that's why anyone that doesn't have a Cube should buy one.

2.) Rareware. Where would a Nintendo console be without the mighty developers Rare? They would be without Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong, Banjo, Lylat Wars and Goldeneye, which were all in the top 10 games chart on the N64. Most of these games will return on GC, except Goldeneye, and there will be another great selection of games coming out also. Rare haven't shown much life so far towards the GC, but no doubt they are working away on something magnificent down at Twycross. There has been talk of Rare moving to multi-format gaming, but they probably won't, as half of their games are connected to Nintendo, who would obviously not like them on any other consoles. Rare are the main developers besides Ninty on the GC.

3.) Mario. Mario for Nintendo is like Snake for Sony, Sonic for Sega or Halo for X-Box. Without a Mario game on a console, Nintendo will lose quite a bit of money, and lots of respect. There was no Mario game at launch, but the GC still did well. If there was a Mario game at launch, the GC would have done even better, as Mario Sunshine has shown, making the GC sell superbly as it is released in Japan. Hopefully the GC sales will recieve a huge boost too when Mario is released in the US and the UK.

4.) Link. Link is trendsetter for Nintendo, as his previous games across lots of different Nintendo consoles prove. So many other adventure games have tried to use techniques from Legend of Zelda games. Some have been good, and some have been bad, but the main thing is, none of them have managed to better Link in any way, and hopefully this'll be the result when Legend of Zelda: GC comes out. Shigsy's imagination looked to have gotten the better of him when he decided to make Link a whole lot younger for this game, and use cel-shading as well. He never keeled over in the pressure from the fans though, and now that we're all looking at this game properly, it looks mighty good!

5.) Shigsy. Oh, where would Nintendo be without this magical games designer that goes by the name of Shigeru Miyamoto? Not very far, it has to be thought. Shigsy's mad imagination has brought us Link, Mario and and Donkey Kong games that have been better than any other games that we've seen across many other Ninty consoles. His brilliance has already brought us Pikmin for the GC, and in the next few years, Shigsy will no doubt be ready to bring us more wonderfully insane titles that we will all enjoy. Shigsy simply rules.

There you go. 5 reasons to buy the Cube. Now go on, buy one. :D

AJ.
Mon 29/07/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
It's all very well doing these reasons but i think you've wasted your time a bit as as you said most of us have a gamecube. Also people who are in this forum are obviously interested in nintendo and are probobly going to buy one in the future.

Apart from that. Great topic. You've pointed out all the major points that make the cube so good.
Mon 29/07/02 at 21:14
"+ suspicious minds"
5 things wrong with that post:

1 Nintendo use mini disks, not cd's (theyre better :)

2 lylat wars, to the best of my knowlegdge, is by nintendo

3 mario is'nt that much of an icon, but there probaby would have been more interest from old nintendo console owners if he was available at launch.

4 not everyone likes link... i don't (shock horror!)

5 shigsy isn't the sole employee of nintendo. (he is wonderful though! :)

good post, i just wanted to try sniping at someone to see what it was like. tiltawhirl seems to like it...
Mon 29/07/02 at 23:08
Regular
Hey, give AJ a break!

However, Nintendo would still have DK if Rare never existed as it was Shigeru Miyamoto who invented him, wasn't it? Rare just went on to make the later games.
Mon 29/07/02 at 23:11
I bought one cause i felt like it and thats good anough for me :P
Mon 29/07/02 at 23:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
1. Its cheap
2. Good games
3. Looks cool
4. Comfy controller
5. You dont have one?!?
Tue 30/07/02 at 09:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Boss Pac-Man wrote:
> 2 lylat wars, to the best of my knowlegdge, is by nintendo

---

Well, Starfox Adventures is by Rare and Nintendo. Lylat Wars might not've been, but Starfox is, and that's what I was trying to point out - the sequels to all of those great games.

---

> 4 not everyone likes link... i don't (shock horror!)

---

I don't like Link either.

:-)
Tue 30/07/02 at 17:27
The controller no question is the best around at the moment cause not only is it smoothe and comfortable to use it is also very dry :0)
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That's a few reasons to wait!

No one should get a Cube till the proper good games come out. Like Mario, Metroid, Starfox and a few others before Christmas.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:21
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Boss Pac-Man wrote:
> good post, i just wanted to try sniping at someone to see what it was
> like. tiltawhirl seems to like it...

You need to pick your moments :0)

6. Buy one because of the Kooool colours, yeah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.