GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counting hits"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/08 at 16:04
Regular
Can anyone tell me how I add a counter to my website to track the number of hits it receives?
Wed 10/09/08 at 21:32
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya, i used a counter on my site to track hits but then i found extreme tracking, they offer a free service and you can track number of hit, search engine referal, keywords used in search engines to find your site, country and location ofthe visitor, operating system they were using, screen resolutions they used, colour depth and much more which can all be used in building a better website, and if i remember rightly you can pay a couple of quid a month and it would link upto a program like google earth and show you where your visitors live, all visitors ip addresses are provided on the free option along with unquie visitor, returning visitors average visitors for day week month year, busiest hours of the day, its gr8.

check it out for ya self, just sign up with email addresspassword and they give you the html code to pop in your site.

www.extremetracking.com/

LINK TO EXTREME TRACKING
Fri 15/08/08 at 23:15
Regular
"one more question"
Did you want a visible counter for everybody who visits your website to see or do you want a hidden counter purely for your own interest? I use a hidden one on my site Scorpion Leasing which not only tracks the number of visits, but also returning visitors, new vistors, how many pages they looked at etc etc, very handy tool indeed and it's free and very simple to install: www.statcounter.com. I hope this helps....
I'm also in the process of trialling Google Analytics, I'll let you know if it's any good.
Wed 13/08/08 at 10:59
Regular
"We are not alone..."
www.amazingcounters.com does a pretty good range of graphical hit counters which can be set to all visits or unique visits only, and has a full graph based statistics page insite.

Another I found very ueful and free was from http://www.phpjunkyard.com/ who offer PHP based text and graphical counters with easy setup.

I personally prefer PHPJunkyards versions, they are very customisable and does not rely on another server to keep track of your hit statistics.
Mon 12/05/08 at 17:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You can use the hit counter we provide here or Google for the 1000's of other ones that are on offer.
Mon 12/05/08 at 16:04
Regular
Can anyone tell me how I add a counter to my website to track the number of hits it receives?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.