GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I agree with the name changing!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 19:35
Regular
I believe that the internet should symbolize a new world, different in many ways with the real world. Boring companies like comet and dixons have kept their names and added a dot com. Special Reserve should be different. After all, it's the best mail order, internet and techno-selling shop I know of. Changing the dotcom name is a great idea, showing how different and original SR is. Many of the suggested names (see the message thread below for some) are great. I think the new name should, however be widely advertised by the use of banners and non-cyberspace adverts, otherwise it will not take off. After the release of the new adress, the old one should still be available for a short time, containing a link to the new page. Good one SR!!!!!
Wed 15/11/00 at 16:07
Regular
"If you want cheap games go to China."

That REALLY should be your motto.
Wed 15/11/00 at 00:39
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Talking to myself now, it's so late.

I forgot NI
Even worse Employers NI
Yep - that little 10% tax on everything we pay in wages.
Just a tinsy 10% off the top before our staff give their 35% of what's left. The more we pay, the more we pay.

If you want cheap games go to China
Wed 15/11/00 at 00:34
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Impossible

PAYE
VAT
RATES
FUEL TAX
RED TAPE
MILLENIUM DOME
Tue 14/11/00 at 21:57
Regular
I reckon SR's slogan should be 'The first and always the cheapest online store available in the world!'
Tue 14/11/00 at 19:35
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I believe that the internet should symbolize a new world, different in many ways with the real world. Boring companies like comet and dixons have kept their names and added a dot com. Special Reserve should be different. After all, it's the best mail order, internet and techno-selling shop I know of. Changing the dotcom name is a great idea, showing how different and original SR is. Many of the suggested names (see the message thread below for some) are great. I think the new name should, however be widely advertised by the use of banners and non-cyberspace adverts, otherwise it will not take off. After the release of the new adress, the old one should still be available for a short time, containing a link to the new page. Good one SR!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.