GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX Given Age Limit"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 13:38
Regular
Microsoft have been told by the governing body of computer games to put an age limit on the XBOX after getting a number of complaints from different customers about a number of different concerns. Microsoft will put the Age limit of no one under the age of 7 can have one and over the age of 60 as the most complaints have come from people of the ages doing bad things.

They have heard that one boys Grandad has been using the XBOX logo on the console as a coffee coaster and the Grandad only realised that it was a games console when he saw his son playing it and asked him
“Now I know I’m not up with the times but since when have you been able to play games on that coffee coater your mother brought you?” and the boy replied “Grandad you haven’t been using it as a coffee mug because it’s no coffee mug it’s a £200 games console remember the last time you started playing with my N64 and you thought it was a cassette player and well we don’t want to talk about that ever again.”

One 5 year old child has broke his whole families toes since his mother brought him and XBOX for his Birthday. Whenever he got annoyed with anyone he just picked up his XBOX and dropped it on their foot. One night he had everyone in hospital and had to go and stay with his aunt for a night and she ended up in hospital the same night. All the boy could say for himself was “Blame that silly Billy Gates it’s his fault he made it so heavy hehehe”.

A 70 year old was rushed to Hospital after he sat watching the XBOX thinking it was his television for 3 hours after his grandson put his XBOX on it’s side and leaving the radio on meaning that the old man thought that the sound was coming from the television. The man said afterwards “I just thought that they had lost a reception and were playing music in the background.” The doctors have been looking inside his eyes with a special camera and all that they can see is this luminous green circle staring back at them.

An old woman sat with the XBOX controller in her hand thinking it was a TV remote for an hour. She just kept pressing the red button as she thought it was the standby switch. She thought the TV was broken so she went round the back of the TV to see what was wrong and ended up electrocuting herself because she spilt some water on a socket and touched it. Luckily her daughter had only gone out with her son to the corner shop and came back soon after she had been electrocuted so they could get her to hospital as soon as possible. She is seeing a psychiatrist because every night since it’s happened she keeps dream about an XBOX controller shocking her.

The age limit will be put on the Boxes by next year and anyone who brought an XBOX before this news had come out will be compensated with 2 free games and 1 free controller. Bill Gates thinks that it is wrong that the XBOX is the only next generation console getting an age limit and says, “The XBOX is no different to the PS2 or Gamecube”.
Wed 31/07/02 at 10:29
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> Quinty wrote:
> Lol, excellent ideas there, GAD contender for the day i think.
>
> I know there's something wrong with that statement...

Whats that meant to mean?
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Quinty wrote:
> Lol, excellent ideas there, GAD contender for the day i think.

I know there's something wrong with that statement...
Tue 30/07/02 at 18:20
Regular
Lol, excellent ideas there, GAD contender for the day i think.
Tue 30/07/02 at 18:17
Regular
Good post, i actually enjoyed reading it
Mon 29/07/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Bobba you"
Great post there Hawkster very funny.
Mon 29/07/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Nice post. Glad to read something other than the usual console wars etc.

Enjoyed it. :-)
Mon 29/07/02 at 13:47
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I liked the TV remote one.
Mon 29/07/02 at 13:45
Regular
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Heh, I thought the Tv remote was quite funny as that happened to me
> kinda. Well, my nan tried to change the channel with my PS2 controller
> and then asked where the batteries go! :D Nice post :D

lol
Mon 29/07/02 at 13:43
Regular
"  "
Heh, I thought the Tv remote was quite funny as that happened to me kinda. Well, my nan tried to change the channel with my PS2 controller and then asked where the batteries go! :D Nice post :D
Mon 29/07/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Or maybe a GAD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.