GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"it grows on me."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
I remember on the 64 when I brought games I instantly liked them or hated them, resulting in them getting covered in dust or being glued into my 64 (I’ll let u decide which is with which), but now on the GC im buying games and at first I find im hating them and then after a while they get better.

Let me explain

Well for the GC I now have:
Luigis mansion
ISS2
Super smash bros melee.
Burnout

Now I found that ISS2 and Luigis mansion I was loving them from the start, proving that its not all games are like im about to say, maybe I liked them because I made my self love them, Luigis mansion before I even brought it, in my head I had my self set to love it, and as for ISS2 maybe the world cup helped its case.

Anyway the point im trying to say is that on the 64 like I said it was bin it or keep it, but on the GC I found that I buy the game and start playing it and for a while im not enjoying, this could be that im worrying I just wasted good money or that it is, in general, still a new console and worrying it will not be as good as the 64.
I remember when I played SSBM at first I was feeling this is a sequel that Nintendo has made to make money when it’s just a cheap rip off. Then I started getting more involved wanting to win the new stage or what ever it was and then it grew on me.
Same happened to burnout, because I don’t generally like racing games and the checkpoints, in my opinions, ruin what could have been great games if you just had to beat the other racers.

Now im wondering if it is just me or if you have experienced the same problem with a few of your games and if you had which ones?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 29/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
I remember on the 64 when I brought games I instantly liked them or hated them, resulting in them getting covered in dust or being glued into my 64 (I’ll let u decide which is with which), but now on the GC im buying games and at first I find im hating them and then after a while they get better.

Let me explain

Well for the GC I now have:
Luigis mansion
ISS2
Super smash bros melee.
Burnout

Now I found that ISS2 and Luigis mansion I was loving them from the start, proving that its not all games are like im about to say, maybe I liked them because I made my self love them, Luigis mansion before I even brought it, in my head I had my self set to love it, and as for ISS2 maybe the world cup helped its case.

Anyway the point im trying to say is that on the 64 like I said it was bin it or keep it, but on the GC I found that I buy the game and start playing it and for a while im not enjoying, this could be that im worrying I just wasted good money or that it is, in general, still a new console and worrying it will not be as good as the 64.
I remember when I played SSBM at first I was feeling this is a sequel that Nintendo has made to make money when it’s just a cheap rip off. Then I started getting more involved wanting to win the new stage or what ever it was and then it grew on me.
Same happened to burnout, because I don’t generally like racing games and the checkpoints, in my opinions, ruin what could have been great games if you just had to beat the other racers.

Now im wondering if it is just me or if you have experienced the same problem with a few of your games and if you had which ones?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.