GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black & White PS2 picture"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/05/08 at 19:55
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I've had my ps2 for about 2-3 years now, and recntle, its been plauying up. anything i try and play on it, dvd or game, comes up as a B&W pic on my tele. Ive tried different scart adapters, connecting it directly to the tele, nothing works;

Any solutions people.
Mon 12/05/08 at 09:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
With the cable that connects your PS2 to the TV (VGF or something like that - the standard one), sometimes there is a little switch to flick that is used to change the signal for the TV you have. I knew if it was in the wrong position on my original PS as the picture was in black and white.

But then thinking of it, you are using a Scart, so I don't think my suggestion would work.

You could try cleaning the connections and making sure all the pins are still in the there (and fit).
Mon 12/05/08 at 09:26
"possibly impossible"
Does your TV have 2 scart sockets? Sometimes you'll find one Scart is RGB and the other isn't, so one works with some products and not others. If so, try swapping your Scart cable to the other TV Scart socket.

Short of that and testing another PS2 on your TV, it may be your modulator has broken and you'll need to get the PS2 repaired.

If you can:
1) check the Scart cable in another tv socket
2) check the PS2 on a different TV
3) check another PS2 on the same TV.
4) cry.
Mon 12/05/08 at 06:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
You could try connecting it up with an S-Video cable (presuming your T.V. has an input).My T.V. displayed PS2 images in very poor definition via the standard Scart/Composite leads but it was crystal clear when I used S-Video ?.
Sun 11/05/08 at 20:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm weird, only other time i've had it was with import games occasionally.
Sun 11/05/08 at 20:17
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
No ive ensred that its in tightly.

Kawada wrote:
> Hmmm whenever i've had that it's usually been the scart cable has
> come loose slightly, usually a little tap on it on the back of
> the PS2 got it working properly again
Sun 11/05/08 at 19:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm whenever i've had that it's usually been the scart cable has come loose slightly, usually a little tap on it on the back of the PS2 got it working properly again
Sun 11/05/08 at 19:55
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I've had my ps2 for about 2-3 years now, and recntle, its been plauying up. anything i try and play on it, dvd or game, comes up as a B&W pic on my tele. Ive tried different scart adapters, connecting it directly to the tele, nothing works;

Any solutions people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.