GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSWorld still selling?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 10:11
Regular
A mate bought me a copy of it when I first bought my PS2, damn decent mag and an independant venture, came with a demo DVD which didn't have any playable demos but it was a real nice review/preview thingymabob akin to videogame shows such as Cybernet (had a proper voiceover presenter and everything), nice big database of text based reviews with screenshots, tips & cheats etc.

I wouldn't mind getting the latest issue, but I can never find the damn thing, and unfortunately with it being an independant mag' it doesn't appear to have a website. Can anyone tell me if it's stillin print? Or has it disappeared?
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Pointless Babble wrote:
> Another perk of living in a nasty, little, backwater town... the
> newsagents are a load of boIIocks. Guess I'll have to go futher afield
> if I'm to find it.

Tell me about it. It took a 20 mile drive for me to find the OPS2 mag!
I find PSM2 the best mag though.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:48
Regular
i had to work out what PSWorld stood for then, of course its PSW which is an ace mag.
Tue 30/07/02 at 22:38
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yep PSW is out on thursday and the other two are out next week-i spent too much money on magazines-and i dont work. PSW is one of the best magazines and I have every issue since they brought the DVD into play.
Tue 30/07/02 at 10:18
Regular
"  "
They are usually at the end of the month like the 28th/29th ect. This one is slightly later. This one is meant to have a Lord Of The Rings feature and yes the old one did have Stacy whats her face on. The old one came out 2nd July before.
Tue 30/07/02 at 10:09
"Stupid Newbie :D"
You sure? This copy here is the August issue, big photo of Stacy Kiebler emblazoned across the front of it, wouldn't have thought the September issue would be out that early...

Ahh, nevermind, says here on the back page. Will be off to the newsagent again on Thursday methinks. They're a bit ahead aren't they?
Tue 30/07/02 at 09:18
Regular
"  "
Next issue comes out on Thursday :D
Tue 30/07/02 at 01:17
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Nabbed a copy... have spent a couple of hours drooling over the E3 showreels, nice to see Star Wars Galaxies actually in action, even nicer to here its now due to be released on the PS2 as well as the PC. Some of the stuffon there like Indy, and Sly Racoon looks pretty nice, other stuff like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a perfect example of how NOT to use cel-shading (Sly Racoon looks good, that looks naff).

First footage of Resident Evil Online is pretty decent too. :)
Mon 29/07/02 at 20:12
i dunno about that mag. i bought the first few issues, one came wth a ps1 memory card which wasnt bad, but broke in about 2 weeks. the magazines got steadily shorter and started to fill up with ads and completely rndom things that had nothing to do with games at all. i stopped buying it eventuallyy, when it was just to boring to read. you get better reviews on the net and whats more, theyr free(er)
Mon 29/07/02 at 16:48
Regular
"  "
Gary Cutlack, Mikey Foley (and his Koala Bear) and Lee Nutter to name a few.
Mon 29/07/02 at 14:57
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Still selling in deepest darkest Suffolk.

Great mag - has some damn good writers that inject some good humour into the reviews etc..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.