GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New DC owner is VERY impressed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/07/02 at 02:13
Regular
Ive owned a few consoles over the years then slowly got into online gaming which pushed my consoles to one side, until very recently i only played games on my PC then i saw a local games shop selling pre-owned DC's for £35 and a whole heap of games from £3 upwards, well i couldnt turn down an offer like that. A neighbours freind has a DC (amongst other machines) and i must admit although im a die hard online gamer i was very impressed albeit silently at what i saw the DC do. Anyway ive now owned my DC for 12 days and i have to say its the best £35 ive ever spent, i bought Crazy Taxi, Bass fishing, Shenmue and MSR and i cant put the little white box down, i love it!. The reason for this post is simply to share my enthusiasm of the DC with you also (and more importantly to me personally) to beg the question "why oh why have Sega chosen to ignore what is simply the best gaming console on the market? Now im not about to start criticisng or fault-find other consoles but ive seen and played on the PS2 and Gamecube and hand on heart i would totally choose the DC over those machines without question every time. The DC completely blew me away with its quality of graphics and awesome game catalogue and frankly i cant believe that Sega have chose to do what they have done. Quite simply IMHO the DC is STILL the best console available on the market and to stop making titles for this incredible machine is verging on criminality. Im sure having read through the forum here that many of you agree with me. The DC was robbed of its life in its prime, long live the DC.
Mon 05/08/02 at 18:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dreamcast rules.
Shenmue is the best game ever.
I am glad people are starting to realise this.
Sun 04/08/02 at 12:22
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I have just realised how well made the Dreamcast really was. I have more or less had my console for a year or so, and I have had no problems with it at all. If I remember, I dont think SEGa had any problems with the console when they were shwoing it at E3! Most other consoles at E3 have had problems. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Someone said about a cheap copy of Virtua Tennis, I saw virtua tennis in my local EB (or Game as it is now called) for £2.99.

I agree, since I have bought new Dreamcast games, I have hardly touched my XBox!! Virtua Tennis 2 and Shenmue has pulled me away from PGR, SSX Tricky and Halo!!!

I dont think I have ever enjoyed a console mroe than the Dreamcast!
Sun 04/08/02 at 11:16
Regular
You can't really blame people for not buying it though. Sega's marketing was terrible. There was practically no hype when the console was launched and I remember the launch games being awful apart from Ready 2 Rumble.

A friend got one fairly early in its life at first I wasn't impressed because of the early games but then newer games made me realise it was an excellent console. So I got myself one. I can imagine many other people never experiencing a dc and so having no reason to get one. I mean Sega's marketing was a disaster and they admit themselves that the product was fine but their marketing wasn't.

A truly fantastic console though.
Mon 29/07/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, the Shenmue games are probably amongst the best games you will ever play.

I know someone will probably have something to say about that though,

*Looks in the general direction of Sonic*

:)
Mon 29/07/02 at 17:14
Regular
Same here! I got a Dreamcast 2 weeks a go, I own Shenmue, Shenmue 2 and Virtua Tennis an Ultimate Fighting Championship is on its way through the post as we speak! I have played the console for 2 solid weeks without touching my Xbox, Shenmue is the 2nd greatest game I have ever played but Shenmue 2 is leading and has made me move away from Halo and Max Payne to be the greatest video game I have ever played (and I have played a lot)! Once you have finished Shenmue get right out there and pick yourself up Shenmue 2, check Ebay for a copy of Virtua tennis there is one NEW+SEALED for £6.49, it is just a shame SR and other leading companies are no longer stocking up on the Dreamcast as I will be buying quite a few games whilst the Xbox is on a game shortage! Glad you enjoy it, I feel the same way!
Mon 29/07/02 at 17:04
Regular
Cos no-one bought the Dreamcast when Sega needed them to and opted for the over-hyped PS2 instead.

No point buying your second hand DC now in the hope of supporting Sega mate.

Production stopped cos there were no sales. Not cos there was anything wrong with the console, so don't be surpised with the quality. The quality is great. Just a shame no-one bothered to check until now.
Mon 29/07/02 at 02:13
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive owned a few consoles over the years then slowly got into online gaming which pushed my consoles to one side, until very recently i only played games on my PC then i saw a local games shop selling pre-owned DC's for £35 and a whole heap of games from £3 upwards, well i couldnt turn down an offer like that. A neighbours freind has a DC (amongst other machines) and i must admit although im a die hard online gamer i was very impressed albeit silently at what i saw the DC do. Anyway ive now owned my DC for 12 days and i have to say its the best £35 ive ever spent, i bought Crazy Taxi, Bass fishing, Shenmue and MSR and i cant put the little white box down, i love it!. The reason for this post is simply to share my enthusiasm of the DC with you also (and more importantly to me personally) to beg the question "why oh why have Sega chosen to ignore what is simply the best gaming console on the market? Now im not about to start criticisng or fault-find other consoles but ive seen and played on the PS2 and Gamecube and hand on heart i would totally choose the DC over those machines without question every time. The DC completely blew me away with its quality of graphics and awesome game catalogue and frankly i cant believe that Sega have chose to do what they have done. Quite simply IMHO the DC is STILL the best console available on the market and to stop making titles for this incredible machine is verging on criminality. Im sure having read through the forum here that many of you agree with me. The DC was robbed of its life in its prime, long live the DC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.