GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo accessorising more than a woman with £1000000 in a shopping centre."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
Well they are just look at the accessories on the GC in the future:
Wireless controller
Modem
GC to GC link
Screen
GC to GBA link
That secret slot thing that will be made
That digital camera to GC link (I heard it some where, you put your face in games like it was meant to be in perfect dark)

And the GBA
New camera
E-card reader
GC to GBA link
GBA to GBA to GBA to GBA link

Good for them they need to do this, for some reason gaming needs this sort of thing to get more people interested.
Sun 28/07/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
mikelar10 wrote:
> You can use it as a console as well.

Its funny because its obvious.

:)
Sun 28/07/02 at 22:36
"+ suspicious minds"
how do you link up GC-GC? and what does it do?
Sun 28/07/02 at 19:44
"Darkness, always"
It's worth noting that none of those accessories (for the cube) look particularly essntial. I mean, the LCD screen is for just in case one day your TV blows up, and you REALLY have to play some GC. Bit pointless really. The wireless controller is a pointless luxury, a digital camera link will be more than useless given that I use my PC for that anyway (especially since it allows me to both print and upload them to my website), and the GC and GBA linkups are only useful if you have more than one available machine, which I can't see happening for myself, so they for me are useless.

If you want them, or for some reason need them, they might have a point for you, but by no means are Nintendo makiing sure that people will REQUIRE any of them.
Sun 28/07/02 at 17:55
Regular
"¬_¬"
Well, not only are a lot of the peripherals you mentioned actually third party, but the PS2 and Xbox have just as many if you include their third party accessories.

I couldnt' care less anyway. The fact that Nintendo CAN link two of their consoles together is good, so why should I care if they bring out an extra accessory.

I like accessories. Except the official carry case which looks like a camera bag - now THAT sucks.
Sun 28/07/02 at 17:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
None of those add ons are that suprising. It was expected for a modem to come out eventually for every console, and link up gaming is a hardcore requirement. Oh, and Ninty have been teaming up the GC and GBA for a while now.

What does annoy me though, are add ons that should be standard- the multitap for the PS2. For the love of God, we all know Sony are out to make a quick buck!
Sun 28/07/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Selected"
You can use it as a console as well.
Sun 28/07/02 at 16:40
Regular
I didnt say anything was wrong its just a fact me and mates were talking about and then we kept finding more things and how they could be used.
I just thought people here might mention some others and how they could be used.

Suppose i should put that on bottom of post, too late now.
Sun 28/07/02 at 16:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Can you tell me what exactly is wrong with Nintendo having all these accessories? If anything it makes up for the consoles lack of DVD support, and unlike a DVD player, these accessories actually have a use for the games the console plays. A proper use, which is actually noticeable.
Sun 28/07/02 at 16:05
Regular
Well they are just look at the accessories on the GC in the future:
Wireless controller
Modem
GC to GC link
Screen
GC to GBA link
That secret slot thing that will be made
That digital camera to GC link (I heard it some where, you put your face in games like it was meant to be in perfect dark)

And the GBA
New camera
E-card reader
GC to GBA link
GBA to GBA to GBA to GBA link

Good for them they need to do this, for some reason gaming needs this sort of thing to get more people interested.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.