GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Screwey controller?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/07/02 at 15:42
Regular
My PS2 Analogue controller is going all screwey.

The analogue mode keeps switching on and off by itself, it is an official controller and isnt even a year old.

So has this happened to anyone else?
Sun 28/07/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
My PS2 Analogue controller is going all screwey.

The analogue mode keeps switching on and off by itself, it is an official controller and isnt even a year old.

So has this happened to anyone else?
Sun 28/07/02 at 17:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
When I had a PS2, the controller kept pressing buttons for me... meaning that my overdrive would fire in rez when no one was onscreen... hmmm... just ring sony (number in the manual) and they'll replace it.
Sun 28/07/02 at 20:30
when i got my ps2 (about a month after relese) the left anolog stick got stuck and wouldnt move and when i finally got it moving again it felt gritty to move so i just bought a new one.
Sun 28/07/02 at 21:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
my controller occassionally switches on and off teh analogue bit by itself...only happens with certain games though...
Sun 28/07/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
beanz wrote:
>only happens with certain games though...

Yea thats the same with me. Most of the time it cuts out during GTA3.
Mon 29/07/02 at 18:06
Hey, me too!

And it also happened recently with MGS2, usually at the most annoying of moments. At first I thought it was a loose connection to the console, but repeated occurences of the same fault must mean a stranger problem at heart. Maybe a ghost within the PS2s?
Tue 30/07/02 at 00:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
i can't really remember which games has done this to me though...
Tue 30/07/02 at 09:45
Regular
"  "
I have had three problemo's with me controller.

In State Of Emergeny it kept switching the map on every time I tried to fire a bazooka on one of my controllers, and on MGS2 sometimes the controls went weird on the first person view.

Also the Analogue kept switching off. So I opened it up and a wire was lose and needed soldering back on.

Also the shoulder buttons keep getting stuck in and a few have gone crack and something has broken off them. They work ok but my controller sounds like a meracha (sp?)
Tue 30/07/02 at 10:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
woah your controllers seem to have gone through a lot of wear and tear...maybe you been playing a bit too much ps2 :P
Tue 30/07/02 at 10:41
Regular
"  "
I drop it by accident alot. But I broke R1 by sprinting on Pro Evo :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.