GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Argos may sell of shelf!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/11/00 at 14:54
Regular
Thought anyone who has not pre-ordered might like to know that Argos might be selling their PS2's straight off the shelf.

This is just a rumour I have heard but if I had not pre-ordered then I would be tempted to find out if there is any truth in it!!! If it is true then release day at Argos stores could be a laugh!!!
Things could get ugly.
Tue 14/11/00 at 14:54
Thought anyone who has not pre-ordered might like to know that Argos might be selling their PS2's straight off the shelf.

This is just a rumour I have heard but if I had not pre-ordered then I would be tempted to find out if there is any truth in it!!! If it is true then release day at Argos stores could be a laugh!!!
Things could get ugly.
Tue 14/11/00 at 15:08
Sounds very dodgy to me, but that's not to say it isn't true!
Tue 14/11/00 at 15:38
I have just been on the phone to Argos stores at Chester, Wrexham, Manchester and London and they all had the same thing to say. "We are currently taking pre-orders for the PS2, though at the moment we cannot guarentee that any of our customers will receive a PS2 before Christmas. Any reports of units being for sale off the shelves at launch are way off the mark, and we envisage that it will be sometime next year before you will be able to walk into a shop and buy the PS2 off the shelf."

So it looks as though there will be no joy there either.
Tue 14/11/00 at 15:39
I have just been on the phone to Argos stores at Chester, Wrexham, Manchester and London and they all had the same thing to say. "We are currently taking pre-orders for the PS2, though at the moment we cannot guarentee that any of our customers will receive a PS2 before Christmas. Any reports of units being for sale off the shelves at launch are way off the mark, and we envisage that it will be sometime next year before you will be able to walk into a shop and buy the PS2 off the shelf."

So it looks as though there will be no joy there either.
Tue 14/11/00 at 17:24
Kieran,

Yours is guaranteed why were you bothered to phone around. I was given this rumour by a GAME employee so I should have known it wasnt true, but as I am getting mine from GAME anyway I was not bothered to check its validity.

I just posted it to try and help any people who havent pre-ordered.

Sorry for the misinformation
Tue 14/11/00 at 18:53
believe argos wont b selling off the shelf
Tue 14/11/00 at 20:30
Matt.

Mine may be guaranteed, but quite a few of my friends here in Wales are having to go without because they didn't pre-order. I have promised them that if i find anywhere that is still selling them, i will chase it up and let them know. I have also said on this forum that if i hear ANY info, i would post it.

Now if you have a problem with that, too bad.

I didn't contact Argos just to disprove your story, i did it for my mates. I have tried to help a lot of people on this forum, so why ask WHY i was bothered. I was BOTHERED for my mates. Tell you what, i won't bother posting in the future. Sorry to have interfered.
Wed 15/11/00 at 10:48
Wo!! Kieran,

Are you touchy or what. I did not mean to insult you and as I said it was only a rumour so disproving it is fine by me.

I didnt mean to insult you I was just curious why you phoned them. Now I know.

Sorry for any offence given which was unintentional.
Wed 15/11/00 at 10:52
I'm the one who should apologise.........Sorry :~}

I've been off with the flu for a few days, and you were just in the line of fire after an argument with a colleague. I should not have taken it out on you, so my sincerest apologies are sent out.
Wed 15/11/00 at 14:20
Thats fine. Hope you feel better soon. With a bit of luck you will get rid of it before you get your PS2 and then be able to play with a clear head.

I feel fine at the moment and I live in fear that after taking the day off on the 24th I will fall ill and my PS2 weekend will be ruined.

Lets hope we are all in good health.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.