GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega did good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 15:18
Regular
I just realised how well Sega are doing at spreading their games equally and not being one sided, as was feared with Xbox joining the fray. This includes the games soon to be released in the future.

Ok sure they aren’t releasing every games they made on all formats and maybe a lot of u will moan that a different console is getting the best of the games Sega made.

Ok I to believe that GC is getting the better of the games or shall I say the big named games sonic adventure and super monkey ball, but u can hardly say they are biased to them because I see games on PS2 and Xbox I would like but I wont be able to.

They maybe are doing this share equal thing for a number of reasons:
1. Make more money.
2. keep each company (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony) happy
3. see which one sells more then go to that company exclusively
4. see which one is easiest to make games on
Or maybe even
5. see what the consoles are like and get ideas from them to make a new console (very unlikely I know)
6. Develop for the companies so they see how good they are so they give them a lump sum of money to develop for them.

Which ever one it is im pleased to see Sega do so well as they deserve it.

Which ever reason they are doing it for they are keeping their choices open which is a good battle plan.

Which do u think they should do and what will happen when/if they do it.

I think they will continue how they are because they must be happy how they are now.

But if they choose to go to one company, on their decision I reckon it would be Nintendo,
Why? Well because I think Sony has no chance because If it wasn’t for them Sega might still be around as a games console company and also they might have a bond with Nintendo after battling them for a good few years quite happily and feel that they are the only company staying true to games only consoles, also as ive said they seem to bring out big game names on Nintendo consoles (GBA and GC) although Microsoft have a good chance with being sure good friends and the money behind them.
Sat 27/07/02 at 15:18
Regular
I just realised how well Sega are doing at spreading their games equally and not being one sided, as was feared with Xbox joining the fray. This includes the games soon to be released in the future.

Ok sure they aren’t releasing every games they made on all formats and maybe a lot of u will moan that a different console is getting the best of the games Sega made.

Ok I to believe that GC is getting the better of the games or shall I say the big named games sonic adventure and super monkey ball, but u can hardly say they are biased to them because I see games on PS2 and Xbox I would like but I wont be able to.

They maybe are doing this share equal thing for a number of reasons:
1. Make more money.
2. keep each company (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony) happy
3. see which one sells more then go to that company exclusively
4. see which one is easiest to make games on
Or maybe even
5. see what the consoles are like and get ideas from them to make a new console (very unlikely I know)
6. Develop for the companies so they see how good they are so they give them a lump sum of money to develop for them.

Which ever one it is im pleased to see Sega do so well as they deserve it.

Which ever reason they are doing it for they are keeping their choices open which is a good battle plan.

Which do u think they should do and what will happen when/if they do it.

I think they will continue how they are because they must be happy how they are now.

But if they choose to go to one company, on their decision I reckon it would be Nintendo,
Why? Well because I think Sony has no chance because If it wasn’t for them Sega might still be around as a games console company and also they might have a bond with Nintendo after battling them for a good few years quite happily and feel that they are the only company staying true to games only consoles, also as ive said they seem to bring out big game names on Nintendo consoles (GBA and GC) although Microsoft have a good chance with being sure good friends and the money behind them.
Sat 27/07/02 at 15:21
Regular
"$hit happens"
Too true, nintendo did well by getting the sonic liscence as there was the whole Sonic on nintendo whihc got them some advertising and then Sonic is such a great game on the GC and GBA they have made loads more than the liscence cost i reckon, plus new ones are soon to be coming out! Yah
Sat 27/07/02 at 19:36
Regular
Well i think Sega had to do "whatever it takes" to stay alive. Fair enough, but that does mean lot's of purely business decisions making an impact on the games. Hence bringing back old stuff and revamping them. Although i didn't go in for the Sega DC, i wouldn't want to c them disappear or be "taken in" and then "taken apart" by say Microsoft.
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:08
Regular
SEGA's recent and forthcoming releases (on the 3 consoles):

*GAMECUBE*
Super Monkey Ball (out now/exclusive)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (exclusive)
Phantasy Star 2 Online
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (out now)
Beach Spikers (exclusive)
Skies of Arcadia
Sega Soccer Slam
Virtua Striker 2002 (out now)
18 Wheeler Pro American Trucker (out now)

*PS2*
Shinobi (exclusive)
Rez (out now)
Virtua Fighter 4 (out now)
Space Channel 5 (out now)
Space Channel 5 v.2 (exclusive)
Sega Bass Fishing
Ecco the Dolphin (out now)
Zombie Revenge (out now)
18 Wheeler Pro American Trucker (out now)
Skies Of Arcadia
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Vampire Night (exclusive)
Gungrave (exclusive)

*XBOX*
GunValkyrie (out now/exclusive)
Jet Set Radio Future (out now/exclusive)
House of the Dead III (exclusive)
Toejam & Earl III (exclusive)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (exclusive)
Sega Soccer Slam
Sega GT 2002 (exclusive)
Shenmue IIx
Virtua Fighter 4.1
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (exclusive)
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:59
Regular
this was a pretty good post for someone thats 'just in' !!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.