GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Nintendo built houses.... ;-)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 11:03
Regular
Would you buy one? ;-)

-Most rooms would be painted bright green, but we'd be assured that the rooms were supposed to be fun and suitable for everyone, and not just for kids

-A few rooms would be made by other companies and painted black with a few zombies and scary things inside, to show that the houses are "mature" really

-The house would link to your car via the Official Nintendo Car Advance Link Cable (sold seperately). When linked together, your house would be able to do special things that it couldn't do before, and some features of the house would only be available in this way. For example, the garage would begin to operate. Perhaps the fridge only accepts tomatoes when the house is linked to the car...

-"If the house looks like our competitor's houses, that would be a failure", therefore it would actually look like a large mushroom. And have a handle, in case you want to take it on holiday with you.

-You'd have to do really well with everything available to begin with, before you could unlock special features. The "movie and music gallery" (TV and hifi) would only be usable once you have succesfully cooked at least 20 meals over 5 days, taking up 50 hours minimum.

-If you have other Nintendo products on the same plot of land, then more features would be unlocked. An Official Nintendo Shed would unlock a "gardener's trophie" on the wall, which would be required if you wanted to cook jacket potatoes in the microwave.

-The bedrooms of the house would have a small space to hold an Official Nintendo Oven, which nobody would use, since the Kitchen has it's own space, and the bedroom has no power supply. Only the Nintendo Official Oven would fit in this space, and others would be too large

-The contract would describe the house as a "toy". At the same time, all of the appliances would run on 12 volts, rather than a 230v supply used by all of the competitors. Therefore, a Official Nintendo House Power Supply would be included with all new houses sold.

-The garden would be scary. Most of the plants would come alive when they were picked, and others would give out lots of money if they were watered after the owner completed other special tasks around their Mansion. Sorry, I mean house.

-All rooms of the house, whatever their theme, would contain small models and references to every other room and house that Nintendo have ever made

-Innocent looking objects, such as stationery, would decide, in some rooms, that a round of Super House Appliances Melee would be a good idea, when plenty of people would prefer to actually write with the pen

Hmmm.... Could be interesting.... We'll have to suggest this to them, it could open up a whole new market...

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. I don't want to think about the Sony or Microsoft houses. Imagine having place to fit in mangles and oil lamps from the 1930s ("The Sony LiveStation 2 is completely backward compatable"), or having to shout "START" in order to leave the house.
Sun 28/07/02 at 20:17
Regular
skybob wrote:
> lol great posts. r u gonna make a dreamcast house that would be funny.

I'm working on it...

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Sat 27/07/02 at 18:07
lol great posts. r u gonna make a dreamcast house that would be funny.
Sat 27/07/02 at 17:55
Regular
Oh dear... ;-)
Sat 27/07/02 at 17:00
I'll buy 10 of thouse Nintendo made houses right now! About the Xbox houses being mansions, they would cost a bomb, but might be black and the roof would be shaped in a bowl hair cut sort of way....**Shudders**

(:)
Sat 27/07/02 at 16:54
Regular
Is this a if nintendo built houses or a if nintendo built a house instead of Smash Brothers :)
Sat 27/07/02 at 15:25
Regular
nasty neighbour wrote:
> lol all 3 were great, but i still think the nintendo one was best then
> the sony then the microsoft, although that could be because i dont
> know a lot about xbox and PS2 when compared to how much i know about
> GC.

I don't know a thing about the X-Box, I don't think I've ever seen one. Most of the Microsoft stuff came from Windows and other Microsoft PC stuff.

Ah well,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:27
Regular
lol all 3 were great, but i still think the nintendo one was best then the sony then the microsoft, although that could be because i dont know a lot about xbox and PS2 when compared to how much i know about GC.
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:23
Regular
If Sony Made Houses...
----------------------

-There would be room for all assorted appliances and cars from all of the houses that Sony had made before. The garage would have places to hold a Mini, a Penny Farthing, and the kitchen would be very large in order to take the fire, mangle, and other various appliances from most stages in history.

-You would have to pay loads of extra money to use the cupboards. Otherwise, every time you leave the house, all of the food disappears.

-Unlike the competitor's houses, the house would include the ability to watch TV inside at no extra charge. Other companies either ban TV, or require that you buy an Official TV stand before using the TV. Sony, on the other hand, simply try to persuade you that the Offical Sony TV watching add-on. This would be a licience which would allow you to watch TV in more than one room, and allow TVs to exceed 20 inches in size.

-There would be a very large variety of bedroom design available, unlike most of the competitor's houses. Unfortunately, most of them are based on films, or just plain bad.

-Using unofficial paper in the Sony House results in your warrenty becoming invalid.

-One of the most popular bedroom designs would be "The Only Black Room Ever, Number 10"

-Any bedroom design not ending with a number above 2 would not sell any copies, regardless of how good it happens to be

Any more ideas here? I had trouble thinking of some of those...

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. I'm looking forward to Microsoft's new Car, El Swandre
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:50
Regular
Hmmm....

Go ahead. I don't mind. I'm nice too ;-)

I'll tell you whether you're any good or not ;-)

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. The Sony House is coming soon, and if anyone tries to beat me to it, I'll set Mr. Big Cheese on them
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:35
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
May I please rip you off and write a 'Microsoft's new car' thread?

I'd rather ask you first, as I'm such a genuinely nice guy =D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.