GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big names too quick or the way of the future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 11:01
Regular
Ok this is my first post so don’t be too hard on me, but I have realised this for a while that Nintendo are releasing their big games first.

Super smash bros. melee
Super Mario sunshine
Metroid prime
Zelda
Eternal darkness

and loads more from other companies, such as die hard and resi evil 0, but in this topic it doesn’t really matter in the way im explaining this.

Ok I know some of them are expected, like a Mario game, but if u think back to the N64 big names, like Zelda, came later on during the consoles life.

Now depending on how u take this, this could be a worrying point or a good point.

Im taking this the bad way, always the pessimist me, I see that they are releasing all the big games early to get as many customers attracted to it as soon as possible b4 they buy another console which they really have to do seeming as the big names were too late on the N64 and the problem I see in this is that a massive group of good games will come we will all be hyped up and then after the group has gone they will be relying on 3rd companies to back them up Nintendo come up with other ideas for games or even resorting to sequels (don’t get me wrong some sequels are god I just don’t want them rushed and turning in to a games which ruins that characters reputation which has taken years building up.)

On the other hand it could be the future for Nintendo, maybe they have plenty of games in the works we have no idea about, look at the list of characters on super smash bros melee they could base games around and there’s still more old characters not on melee. They even might have NEW characters and game ideas with which to make games.

All I say is they better not run out of ideas.
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
nasty neighbour wrote:
> is "lol" ok to use?

---

Yeah, LOL is fine. Everyone uses that.
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:02
Regular
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Good post, Nasty.
>
> But, when you take the time to post a reasonably good topic, why'd you
> use "u" and "b4"?

I did not know about the way people hated the "u`s" and th other things.
But I have been told all about this and i im not going to do it again.
It was a habit that i picked up on msn and stuff.

see u guys l8r opps i mean see you guys later.

is "lol" ok to use?
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
He's Shaneo! Get him!

(Sorry)

Welcome to the forums.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:52
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Good post, Nasty.

But, when you take the time to post a reasonably good topic, why'd you use "u" and "b4"?
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:33
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah. A lot of new people have joined recently, but were banned after about 2 days because they posted crap. I hope you won't do this. You seem to be off to a good start, though. Very good post, that was. Funny in places!
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:26
Regular
That's alright then. The SR forums need more members like you who take the time to read the quality of posts before spouting crap (see Techno Freak's efforts).

Welcome to the SR forums :)
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I hope you will enjoy the forums. Welcome!
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:17
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> No offence, but it seems very suspicious that a member who's joined
> today can actually post something like this...

ive actually been visiting this place for a while and i read loads but i never joined it because i wasnt a member but i knew i was going to be come one the moment i had the money to join so i wrote this (and others) and this took me 3 days cause its my first one.
and i finnaly joined sr yesturday so i signed up.
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:13
Regular
And I just mixed up two topics, ignore my first sentance.

That's what you get if you've got two windows open....
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:12
Regular
Quite an original topic especially if you're basing it on small selection of Nintendos products....

No offence, but it seems very suspicious that a member who's joined today can actually post something like this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.