GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Combinations"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 19:22
Regular
Ever played a game and thought to yourself, “Gah, if only that game had a little bit of (insert game name here) in it.” Well here are 3 of my ideal game combinations, each containing a mixture of 2 ps2/ps1 games:

Metal Sheep Solid: A combination of the highly acclaimed mgs2 and the low-key Sheep game. This action packed sheep-em-up, see’s you fulfil the role of the hapless male sheep “Billy”. The basic concept of the game is to escape from the sheep rustler’s compound, where you have been unlawfully locked away. You must use advanced tactics to outwit the 2 guards “Dave” and “Bob”. These include Billy’s main asset which you have to use to its full potential. This asset is his ear screeching scream, which he uses to over power the guards. He hollows “Baaaaaaaa” at the top of his sheepy voice and then scampers off in the other direction. Then he continues his fight for freedom, as he cartwheels his way to safety, dodging hay stacks and manoeuvring past the watchful eyes of the security cameras. The game ends when your sheep successfully secures his ultimate goal of freedom. A certificate 3+, as its harmless fun for all the family.

David Beckham Heavyweight boxing: A mixture of Mike Tyson Heavyweight boxing and David Beckham Soccer. This intense beat em up, allows you to go all the way to the top with your unknown fighter. Top of the rankings however, is Golden Balls himself. With the help of his manager Victoria he is the undisputed heavyweight champion. When you eventually hit the top of the pile, breezing past competitors like the “little ginge” Scholesy and “2 bob” Ted Sheringham, you will face the mighty Beckham. In the bout, you must watch out for Victoria’s sneaky tactic of wrapping her handbag around your vulnerable feet. The practice mode allows you pelt footballs at your most hated celebrities. These celebs include the scornful Sir Alex Ferguson, jealous of Beckhams newly found sport which he excels at. The game ends when your ultimate goal of Heavyweight boxing champion is met. A 15+ certificate, for its violent nature.

Red Card Tennis: A mixture of Red Card soccer and Smash court tennis pro tournament. This unusually violent tennis game offers you a chance to let out your frustrations and release the anger. There are 8 players to choose from, each with their own cheeky special move. Tim Henman’s “special move” is to “accidentally” throw his racket at 100 mph at the opponent. But undoubtedly the meanest player on the court is Anna Kournikova. Not to be fooled by her good looks, her ferocious growl at opponents, and her undying love for attacking the ball-boys (I’m sure they don’t really mind though) have made her the most notorious player on the circuit. In the career mode you have the chance to take your player to the top using his/or hers bullying tactics to full use. Once you have conquered the world circuit you have the chance to meet the ultimate daddy of violent tennis. This violent tactician goes by the name of John Mcenroe. This golden oldie is brought back from the past for one match only, and you must quickly work out how to combat his master tactics. These include putting you off your shots by shouting obscenities very loudly. His final move is to chase you off the court (especially if you have break point against him). The game ends once you have beaten all the competitors. A definite 18+ certificate for this bloodbath of a tennis game.
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:07
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Nice ideas there Quinty :) I'm sure the Red Card Tennis would be a big hit in the gaming world. Could be a great game....

*continues wishing it actually was*

I hate watching tennis on the television and I'm not a big fan of tennis games but with an element of violence in I would be very interested. :D
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:11
Regular
"  "
Hercules! wrote:
> Excellenté.
>
> Liked the idea of Red Card Tennis, just love to start having a nice
> peaceful game and then when the dude aint expecting it, jumping over
> the net and beating him over the head with my racket......
> repeatedly.... then shoving the tennish ball in his mouth and hitting
> it. Then climbing up that thing where the ref is and throwing him
> off..... and then preceding to jump off the top of that and landing on
> his head.
>
> Oh how fun.
>
> :D

Calm down Hercules. I know your upset because I BEAT YOU AT PEGBALL AND I FOUND OUT YOU WATCH POKEMON, but there is no need to be so violent. Honestly, young'ens today!
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Excellenté.

Liked the idea of Red Card Tennis, just love to start having a nice peaceful game and then when the dude aint expecting it, jumping over the net and beating him over the head with my racket...... repeatedly.... then shoving the tennish ball in his mouth and hitting it. Then climbing up that thing where the ref is and throwing him off..... and then preceding to jump off the top of that and landing on his head.

Oh how fun.

:D
Sat 27/07/02 at 11:40
Regular
Cheers you three :-)
Sat 27/07/02 at 10:45
Regular
I like this post. its a little like Natbuc's stuff
Sat 27/07/02 at 10:27
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Exellent post mate, liked the red card tennis idea.
Fri 26/07/02 at 20:15
Regular
Hehe, brilliant!

Metal Sheep Solid...Mmmm...good choice. :-D "Different...62%", OPS2.

Red Card Tennis..."...excellent!", NGC give it 86%

And the man I love to hate...Mr. Becks Boxing..."STUNNING, 98%" StationMaster

Excellent!#

mXtheared...finding J Savo 24/7!
*Ahem-Hexxxagon-Ahem*
Fri 26/07/02 at 19:43
Regular
Heh. Thats what attracted me to wanting that combination to :-)
Fri 26/07/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Brilliant post Quinty. I would be first in line to buy the David Beckham Heavyweight boxing if you get a chance to beat up Manchester United stars.
Fri 26/07/02 at 19:37
Regular
Thanks you two, much appreciated :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.