GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do we really need F355 ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 13:39
Regular
So Sega have nearly finished converting the code for Ferrari F355 so they can release it on PS2 in September sometime.

With all the other great racing titles already available on PS2 and with the likes of Colin McRae, Toca, Driver 3, Stuntman et al does a re-release of a three year old game which didn't really set the dreamcast alight really exite anyone out there ?
Fri 26/07/02 at 13:39
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
So Sega have nearly finished converting the code for Ferrari F355 so they can release it on PS2 in September sometime.

With all the other great racing titles already available on PS2 and with the likes of Colin McRae, Toca, Driver 3, Stuntman et al does a re-release of a three year old game which didn't really set the dreamcast alight really exite anyone out there ?
Fri 26/07/02 at 14:39
"Darkness, always"
I need an F355.

A Ferrari F355 Spider to be precise. It is quite possibly the most beautiful car ever created.

*Stares intently at screen trying not to visualise the Spider*
*fails*
*comes on pants*
Fri 26/07/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
A Ferrari game could never be surplus to requirements, I know there are lots of driving cames coming out in the next few months but hey when you have driving games you don't need anything else !

don't forget the POD !, enter your times @ www.podcar.tk
Fri 26/07/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I need an F355.
>
> A Ferrari F355 Spider to be precise. It is quite possibly the most
> beautiful car ever created.
>
> *Stares intently at screen trying not to visualise the Spider*
> *fails*
> *comes on pants*

Err - Thanks for that IB.

This is about the game you know - not the real ones......

A bit more overtime and you'll soon be able to afford one.
Fri 26/07/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yes we do need this on the PS2!

What's wrong with having another driving game on the PS2.

Stop moaning ;-)
Fri 26/07/02 at 17:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I can't see anything wrong with this game coming to PS2, for one thing it lets you play around in ferrari's, something which games like GT3 don't, and for another, it's made by Sega, probably the best software developer out there at the moment.

And as for the game being three years old, well that just means sega have had plenty of time to tweak the game for the PS2. It's one game I would have loved to have owned if I ever bought a Dreamcast, so it's yet another game I'm looking forward to on the PS2.

Besides, most racing games on the PS2 at the moment are rally games, so yes we do need F355, as we need more variaty in racing titles right now.
Fri 26/07/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well F355 was far more realistic than anything else on PS2. I never won a race! Not once! My best ever place was second. Even when I was in second place after the first lap, I would never manage to win it.

F355 did get quite boring after a while but if you had a steering wheel, you'd always come back for quick bursts of play.

Anyway, to say that the PS2 doesn't NEED it is rubbish whatever way you look at it. The PS2 doesn't NEED any one game. It would still sell. The only thing that matters is that you're getting a quality alternative to other racing games.

And if GT3 is considered by most PS2 fans to be the best racing game ever then F355 should do you some good. It may teach you that exciting fas***-paced gameplay is far more important than a sh*t-load of cars.
Fri 26/07/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Vottanator wrote:
> Well F355 was far more realistic than anything else on PS2. I never
> won a race! Not once! My best ever place was second. Even when I was
> in second place after the first lap, I would never manage to win it.

Same here, F355 is the most difficult racing game I have played in my life.

> F355 did get quite boring after a while but if you had a steering
> wheel, you'd always come back for quick bursts of play.

I found it boring after a while to but I think that was just because it was so difficult and I spent most of my time driving around by myself behind everyone else.

I hope it has some decent replays this time round, on the DC version all they did was squeeze all the best bits of your 3 laps or whatever, into 1. The music needs to be looked at as well.
Sat 27/07/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Once I sort of accepted that I was never going to win a race, I tended to stay with practice. I'd turn everything to manual and just use the practice option to drive around the courses using my wheel, following the red racing line and gearing up and down. That was the only game where I ever used manual gears.

On a more successful note, I won 14 fights in a row on Kumite mode with Lei Fei on VF4 earlier. In that time I only had one ranking match, which I won. Still on 1st dan though.
Mon 29/07/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Jive wrote:
> Yes we do need this on the PS2!
>
> What's wrong with having another driving game on the PS2.
>
> Stop moaning ;-)

Sorry - Wasn't moaning - just playing devils advocate !!

The thing is - it didn't do that well on Dreamcast because after it was released most of the reviews stuck to the difficulty of the game and I think that it was seemed to put most people off. Maybe PS2 gamers are all much more skilled than their DC counterparts ? ( awaits the derisory comments ;-) )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.