GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Decisions, Decisions, Decisions"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/08 at 16:15
Regular
"THFC"
Memories of Call of Duty 4 are fading away, i will never forget how great it was online, the first time i saw the graphics and my jaw actually dropped a little bit. Getting my first kill, my first win and then going through prestiege mode several times. It will be a sadly missed game that stays in memory as one of my favourites.

GTA4 fresh in hand and still going strong, 35% completed so far and heading on at speed with the story mode. In the back of my mind is the constant reminder that after about 60% the story will be finished, a horrible thought that only about a week or 2 left then it will be in the pile of completed and cant be bothered with anymore. I know i will only do the story and play online a little bit. It's just the way i am!

So i have to start looking to the future and thinking about the next couple of months for gaming. The weather is getting good so time inside becomes less, but then there are some huge titles which i have wanted for a long time coming out soon, all in the space of 2 months which makes things even worse!

Smash Bros Brawl - i have had the previous two, loved them, been pretty good at them and now with online i am thinking this could be the game, the one that sees me occupied for a while. If the Online is strong then it could be the winner, getting good with a charcter, becoming a formidable force throughout the world! But then there are others!

DragonQuest Swords - I am itching for a RPG, this could be the closest thing out and it is out tomorrow. Which makes it a strong contender for me to pick up on a random trip to the shops! The wii remote being used as shield and sword looks great, apparently it works very well, nice graphics and a great series which i have played and loved. So another strong title on the wii again! So this is looking like a good contender

Battlefield: Bad Company - I will without doubt have this game on release day! It is more a question of what occupies from next week til the release of Battlefield. I love this game, Battlefield 2 is in my top 3 games of all time, if it can be 3/4 of what the PC version was i will fall in love and lose friends due to being locked in my house. This is my must have title of 2008! Hope to see you on there

Rockband - I do not think i will get this title, while it looks really fun and addictive, i think i need to have my own house to utilise this game, having my mates over for a beer is not as easy at home! I think it is meant for that and that purpose only, so it is has slipped off my list, but i do hope someone gets it and i can have a go as the online mode would be great laughs!

Haze - Looks as good as Call of Duty 4 but with a good story to go with it, the multiplayer is meant to be insane and the graphics look among the best we will see this year. A strong title but i think having Battlefield released so close will mean i miss out on this potentially great title, shame, if only i had come out a month ago, then it would have been top of my list!

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Looking like a great game, i love all the previous ones and the multiplayer is pretty good, its no Call of Duty for online play but then the one player will surely be something epic, the last in the series, and will bring everything to an end! Great gadgets and features with fantastic graphics. Really want this but i am not bothered about the Multiplayer so I think it can go back until i am done with other games.

Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour - HAHAHAHAHA, as if you could even think for a second it would cross my mind to purchase this one.

So these are my titles i am really looking at getting, i am looking for some advice on what other people are getting, some other titles i am open to. My favourite Genre is RPG but i am loving online play ever since i played Battlefield 2. So Call of Duty 4 was a big hit - look forward to what you all think, which titles your going to get and which ones i have missed. Which ones i should possibly avoid??

Thanks in advance for all your help
Fri 16/05/08 at 13:03
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Emmie87 wrote:
> cool - well either way i look forward to it, i think it will be a
> great whenever it is set, and i think i would rather infintiy
> ward be on the job. Just because COD4 was so good

they did indeed do an excellent job, but whatever gets developed will be building upon what they`ve done, so don`t worry too much about it going backwards. what IS going to be an issue is the fantastic balance that cod4 got between giving the achievements for the single player campaign and having separate challenges for the multiplayer, it added a new level to the multiplayer game and ensured a good playing life.
Fri 16/05/08 at 11:13
Regular
"THFC"
Just like to say that i played the haze demo the other day and i didnt really like it, the controls didnt feel right and it reminded me of Turok in a way. Dont know, but i wont be getting it. My list is getting shorted by the day!!
Fri 16/05/08 at 08:04
Regular
"THFC"
cool - well either way i look forward to it, i think it will be a great whenever it is set, and i think i would rather infintiy ward be on the job. Just because COD4 was so good
Thu 15/05/08 at 17:09
"possibly impossible"
Thu 15/05/08 at 13:38
Regular
"THFC"
Thats just not fair! We all want to know more about COD5
Thu 15/05/08 at 13:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
pb wrote:
> Don't think COD5 will be WWII after all. Recent news stories
> have suggested otherwise.

i have info on this, but can`t share at this stage i`m afraid.
Thu 15/05/08 at 10:46
Regular
"THFC"
Thats good - I much prefer Modern warfare games. WW2 just seems very Playstation 2, if you know what i mean.

well i look forward for any news or trailers when they begin to appear.
Thu 15/05/08 at 10:23
"possibly impossible"
Don't think COD5 will be WWII after all. Recent news stories have suggested otherwise.
Thu 15/05/08 at 09:46
Regular
"THFC"
Very_Metal wrote:
> ah fair enough, if you played it solidly that`s understandable.
> i don`t have the time to be able to do that so i guess i`ll get
> a little longer out of my games ;)
> Except Halo 3, which i bought a few weeks ago, put on for 5
> minutes and decided CoD4 was better. haven`t touched halo 3
> since.

I am not an x-box man really, got a Ps3 and a wii, i have played Halo and while it was fun i just dont think it is as good as what everyone thinks. Call of Duty 4 was great, all the time i played it, I loved it (except when your sure you hit that person more times and they should die)

looking forward to Call of Duty 5 but not so happy with the fact its WW2 again!
Thu 15/05/08 at 09:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ah fair enough, if you played it solidly that`s understandable.
i don`t have the time to be able to do that so i guess i`ll get a little longer out of my games ;)
Except Halo 3, which i bought a few weeks ago, put on for 5 minutes and decided CoD4 was better. haven`t touched halo 3 since.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.