GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football, stock markets, VHS and gaming all has something relevant"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 11:29
Regular
Well what im on about is all at one stage of their lives where on top on the world, ok maybe not all of us have been part of it (I never used the stock market) but now I see a downward spiral for all of them.

The stock market is the most obvious, if you have been under a rock in mars or something then ill explain that the stock market is going down with ppl selling more stocks than buying.

VHS is on the down fall with the release of DVDs and now recordable DVDs and sooner or later they will more or less be forgotten.

Football well maybe this wont happen as man utd still have money to throw about on players, Rio any one?, but small clubs are in the red and starting to drop out of football, Bradford and lower divisions, (I blame player wages) but it looks like calming down now it still shows that it is survival of the fittest.

Now where does gaming come in to it? u ask. Well as ive heard from someone talking in a topic I made (see : are ps2 owners bored or somin) computer consoles are becoming jack of all trades and now plays DVDs and things instead of concentrating on games.
Now I see gaming consoles being used for everything but gaming and maybe they will soon be lost completely and forgotten about.
And in away, like the footy thing, it will be a kind of survival of the fittest with seeing which company can hold on to the gaming until having to add more things to keep up with competition.
I see Nintendo winning this if it happens as they still are gaming only.

Yes its very unlikely but u never know what happens in the future.
And we may never find out if that meteor hits earth.
Sat 27/07/02 at 14:14
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
If one footbal club goes then there will be turmoil. You know only three or four of the Premiership clubs made a profit last season. If one club goes then the banks will start getting jumpy and calling in loans from the others, and it'll set off a domino effect throughout all of the leagues.

Many people have suggested that England has a ridiculously large league system for its size, and a European approahc of maybe two or three divisions would be more appropriate.

Oh and I wouldn't worry about consoles, they're always going to be synonymous with gaming.
Sat 27/07/02 at 14:06
Regular
I see where u are coming from but i dont see it happening because it is such a big profit making business it will be ages before it stops.
Also sony nintnedo and microsoft are hardly going to forget it as they spent loads of money making the building and facilitys to make games.
Fri 26/07/02 at 11:29
Well what im on about is all at one stage of their lives where on top on the world, ok maybe not all of us have been part of it (I never used the stock market) but now I see a downward spiral for all of them.

The stock market is the most obvious, if you have been under a rock in mars or something then ill explain that the stock market is going down with ppl selling more stocks than buying.

VHS is on the down fall with the release of DVDs and now recordable DVDs and sooner or later they will more or less be forgotten.

Football well maybe this wont happen as man utd still have money to throw about on players, Rio any one?, but small clubs are in the red and starting to drop out of football, Bradford and lower divisions, (I blame player wages) but it looks like calming down now it still shows that it is survival of the fittest.

Now where does gaming come in to it? u ask. Well as ive heard from someone talking in a topic I made (see : are ps2 owners bored or somin) computer consoles are becoming jack of all trades and now plays DVDs and things instead of concentrating on games.
Now I see gaming consoles being used for everything but gaming and maybe they will soon be lost completely and forgotten about.
And in away, like the footy thing, it will be a kind of survival of the fittest with seeing which company can hold on to the gaming until having to add more things to keep up with competition.
I see Nintendo winning this if it happens as they still are gaming only.

Yes its very unlikely but u never know what happens in the future.
And we may never find out if that meteor hits earth.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.