GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help getting Mewtwo on SSBM."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/07/02 at 09:45
Regular
Using the 'ultimate gamecube companion' that came with NGC, I'm now trying to get Mewtwo on Smash Bros. It says that you can either play a versus mode match for 20 hours or a four-player versus match for 5.
So, I've rigged up all 4 controllers, gave em all characters, chose a random match, set the time limit to 'none, begun the match and turned the tv off. Have I done this right? Do I simply turn on the TV 5 hours later and then finish off the match? I'm a little worried about leaving the GC on for this length of time.
Fri 26/07/02 at 09:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Using the 'ultimate gamecube companion' that came with NGC, I'm now trying to get Mewtwo on Smash Bros. It says that you can either play a versus mode match for 20 hours or a four-player versus match for 5.
So, I've rigged up all 4 controllers, gave em all characters, chose a random match, set the time limit to 'none, begun the match and turned the tv off. Have I done this right? Do I simply turn on the TV 5 hours later and then finish off the match? I'm a little worried about leaving the GC on for this length of time.
Fri 26/07/02 at 09:48
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmmmm.. you should make it a stock match, with 1 life eatch, and stood all four people in the middle of the Pokemon stadium (no natural hazards) and turned all weapons off, so you ca avoide bomb-ombs. Then, go away for 5 hours, come back, kill three people and the winner of the match will play mewtwo. If you lose, don't worry, as you only need to play anohter VS match and at the end he will challenge you again.

:D
Fri 26/07/02 at 09:51
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Cheers bud!
Fri 26/07/02 at 09:58
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
Yes same as microchips.

Its easier to leave the Gamecube on overnight!!

Good Luck ;-D
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:19
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well, the GC's just passed the half-way mark and no wisps of smoke appearing YET. ;)

Tell me, do the five hours have to be done in one match, or say, could I finish the match now and start up another one later on to finish the length of time?
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
No, you're all wrong.

:D

Either play Versus mode for 20 hours, or complete 500 versus mode matches.

Maybe the 5 hours thing is right though, but I've only heard of the 2 that I suggested.
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:32
ive completed the game apart from all the trophies and im only been playing for 24 hours.

just choose multiplayer 1 life u against computer and just jump of killing urself over and over again to got mewtwo and stuff.
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I left it on for 10 hours (with 2 human players). And it didnt blow up, so i wouldnt worry.
Fri 26/07/02 at 14:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I can now confirm that using 4 players for 5 hours does indeed work, as I've just got Mewtwo. Come to think of it, I would of been completely gutted beyond belief if I lost to Mewtwo after having waited 5 hours!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.