GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation Day Summary"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/08 at 15:08
"possibly impossible"
6th May 2008 was Playstation Day. You may not have noticed unless you surf the various gaming news sites, but industry types and journos from around the UK flocked towards the O2 centre (once the Millennium Dome of old) to see Sony’s wares for 2008 and 2009.

I’ve tried to present a summary of some of the highlights from the day:

GTA has sold a bucketload on both formats, but the news has always been that there will be exclusive Downloable Content on the 360. David Reeves has now speculated that some content should be available on the PS3 as well, but refused to confirm.

Motorstorm 2 had it’s playable debut. Called Pacific Drift, it’s now all about the environment being just as much against you as the other cars. Water slows you down and even the plants want to get in your way. 4 Player split screen and 16 tracks from a beautiful Hawaiian style island make this look fantastic.

LittleBigPlanet also got a playable demo. Everyone who has reported back on it sings its praises. You can now take pictures of anything with an eyetoy or Playstation Eye and use them in the game. LBP is out in September.

Siren:Blood Curse. This is a sequel to an underground hit horror series. It will be available as a 12 episode downloadable game and looks very scary indeed.

PlayTV. This is going to be interesting. More details arrived of the system that plugs into the USB port of the PS3 and lets you watch and record Freeview channels. It will even let you watch them on PSP wirelessly. The pack will cost £99 and should be available in September.

To compliment this, Go! View will be out on 30th June and is the "first official video download service for the PSP of its kind in Europe". It’s a joint venture with Sky to provide Movies, Sport and TV shows which can be downloaded and used on PSP. Initially available in the UK, this will also be rolled out across Europe.

GT5 Prologue has now sold a fair few copies, 1.5 Million just in the PAL region, apparently. And to celebrate, Sony have teamed up with Nissan to host a competition where you can win a four-month real-life racing tutorial and entry to the Dubai 24 hour race, a pretty big prize. The whole thing will be presented on the PSN.
Thu 08/05/08 at 23:58
"possibly impossible"
No problem.

Forgot to mention Killzone 2. While the infamous pre-rendered scenes from a few years back are hard to live up to, IGN seem to think that the playable demo on offer actually managed to stay as near as possible to the graphical capabilities, which would be amazing. They loved the game engine as well, but were cautious about level design, saying it may fall foul of the same problems as the first game.

It's one to watch out for in early 2009 though.
Thu 08/05/08 at 15:52
Regular
"THFC"
I think The Playstation 3 will really kick into gear soon and pull away from X-box. While i think every console has its benefits, i think Sony will come out on top. Some big titles like MGS4 and GT5 will push it in front

But thanks for the update on some games, going to be an exciting year for gaming i think
Wed 07/05/08 at 15:08
"possibly impossible"
6th May 2008 was Playstation Day. You may not have noticed unless you surf the various gaming news sites, but industry types and journos from around the UK flocked towards the O2 centre (once the Millennium Dome of old) to see Sony’s wares for 2008 and 2009.

I’ve tried to present a summary of some of the highlights from the day:

GTA has sold a bucketload on both formats, but the news has always been that there will be exclusive Downloable Content on the 360. David Reeves has now speculated that some content should be available on the PS3 as well, but refused to confirm.

Motorstorm 2 had it’s playable debut. Called Pacific Drift, it’s now all about the environment being just as much against you as the other cars. Water slows you down and even the plants want to get in your way. 4 Player split screen and 16 tracks from a beautiful Hawaiian style island make this look fantastic.

LittleBigPlanet also got a playable demo. Everyone who has reported back on it sings its praises. You can now take pictures of anything with an eyetoy or Playstation Eye and use them in the game. LBP is out in September.

Siren:Blood Curse. This is a sequel to an underground hit horror series. It will be available as a 12 episode downloadable game and looks very scary indeed.

PlayTV. This is going to be interesting. More details arrived of the system that plugs into the USB port of the PS3 and lets you watch and record Freeview channels. It will even let you watch them on PSP wirelessly. The pack will cost £99 and should be available in September.

To compliment this, Go! View will be out on 30th June and is the "first official video download service for the PSP of its kind in Europe". It’s a joint venture with Sky to provide Movies, Sport and TV shows which can be downloaded and used on PSP. Initially available in the UK, this will also be rolled out across Europe.

GT5 Prologue has now sold a fair few copies, 1.5 Million just in the PAL region, apparently. And to celebrate, Sony have teamed up with Nissan to host a competition where you can win a four-month real-life racing tutorial and entry to the Dubai 24 hour race, a pretty big prize. The whole thing will be presented on the PSN.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.