GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Z of...WRESTLING!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 20:58
Regular
This may contain spoilers. And hey, I was bored, no complaining!

A IS FOR...

Austin - That great place in Texas...ah, yes, and that wife beater who stormed out of the WWE because he was set to lose. As the Yanks say...what a jerk!

A'hole - A chant that can be heard when a McMahon is about, especially if it's Vince!

B IS FOR...

Billy - Billy Gunn, that one time Mr. A$#, the D-X multi-time tag champ, the one that WWE turned into a g@y poof with bleached blonde hair.

C IS FOR...

Carelessness - Yes, they all beat the hell outta each other, without a care in the world. Wait, it's acting...if it's acting, why don't they at least make the moves look real. Just watch an International PPV to see what I mean.

Coward - Why do wrestlers attack from behind, with weapons such as steel chairs? Why don't they face their opponent and ask them for a clean fight?

D IS FOR...

Dumba$# - Don't we all love it when commentators and wrestlers get it wrong. Take Tazz for example...he doesn't even know his own height. He's certainly not 5'9" like he told his students during Tough Enough One.

Dead Man - ANOTHER one of 'Taker's gimmicks. He's had the Phenom, the Ministry, the 'goodie' and so on. When are they gunna say that he is now 'gimmick-less', meaning that he will have to retire?

E IS FOR...

Entertainment - Get the 'F' out! Ah, that sounds familiar. Yes, World Wrestling Federation changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment after losing a lengthy battle to the pandas!

Edge - Edge...a talent who has a lot to offer...getting tag title shots? Why? Give Edge a decent feud with RVD. Face vs. face, that would work.

F IS FOR...

F - Get the 'F' out! See Entertainment.

G IS FOR…

Gimmicks – Sometimes, the WWE just never learns. We don’t want g@y superstars like Billy & Chuck, and Rico. We want tough guys like Angle and ‘Taker.

H IS FOR…

Hardcore – No, not the sexxx terms of hardcore. *Listens for the boos* Hardcore was a big thing in WWE. Mankind, first Hardcore champ. Bradshaw, current Hardcore champ. That’s fine by me, but why doesn’t the gold get put on the line like the old times of Bob holly, Al Snow and Crash? Although, I, do like Bradshaw’s new custom made belt.

I IS FOR…

Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence – The 3 I’s of Kurt Angle. Most WWE stars show this, apart from the dopey guys who walk out each week *Cough-Austin-cough*

Invasion – Now, it’s definite that the Invasion angle went completely wrong. So, why are the WWE starting another one? Where is the sense storywriters?

J IS FOR…

Jazz – The WWE’s third ‘Diva’ that looks like a bloke. We’ve had Chyna, Nicole Bass and now Jazz. I can’t stand her, get her out!

K IS FOR…

King – Meaning king of the Ring or Jerry Lawler. KotR…Edge…Billy Gunn…Stone Cold…BROCK LESNAR! Why? Give King of the Ring to RVD, then you’ll boost the ratings. But no…the rookie wins! Why? Cos the WWE is losing it!

L IS FOR…

Linda McMahon – The whole Trish/Linda/Vince saga sucked! Yeah, it was cr@p. Seeing each step of that as it grew and grew to being a storyline sucked. The only decent bit was WrestleMania when Linda came back and gave Shane the victory.

M IS FOR…

Mankind – From soaring off the top of Hell in a Cell, to putting a sock down his opponent’s throat, Mankind has done it all! This guy is just awesome. A great wrestler under his various gimmicks, and a great Commish. We want Foley!

N IS FOR…

Nidia – What a waste of money. WWE pay this Diva for doing what? Nothing but snogging Jamie Knoble like she’s desperate. Why didn’t the WWE just give the victory to Harvard instead of wasting it on Nidia?

O IS FOR…

Owen Hart – Also known as Blue Blazer, at Over the Edge, Owen did just that in what was the WWE’s last PPV. All I can say is RIP Owen.

P IS FOR…

PPV or Pay-Per-View – WWE PPV’s haven’t been up to scratch for the past two years. After our most recent PPV’s, we can see that they aren’t doing much to improve them.

Q IS FOR…

Queen – Chyna…so nearly the first Queen of the Ring. That would have been something else had she won it!

R IS FOR…

RAW – RAW is the first brand alphabetically. So, it has the ‘main’ guys. Not true. It has ‘Taker, Triple H and nWo, plus what looks to be the team of D-X, but it doesn’t have Kurt Angle, Hogan and Team Canada. So, in fact, both brands are pretty even.

S IS FOR…

SmackDown! – So we have two brands, RAW and SmackDown! SD is the brand controlled by GM Stephanie McMahon, which contains most of the Cruiserweights, the tag team titles and this years King of the Ring, Brock Lesnar. SD is said to be the stronger of the two brands.

Superstar – From The Rock to rookies like Randy Orton, and from HeaT stars like Hardcore Holly to jobbers who don’t even belong to a brand like Funaki, everyone in WWE is a superstar. Nuff said.

T IS FOR…

Terry Funk – What a career! This guy just never gave up, He got scared week in week out, he got knocked out, he got cuts. He got all this…but he still came back! A legend, who teamed with Cactus Jack under the name of Chainsaw Charlie.

U IS FOR…

Undisputed – Okay, so we have an Undisputed WWE Championship…is it so that now we have an Undisputed Eurocontinental Championship? Something like that anyway.

V IS FOR…

Vengeance – I won’t spoil it for you if you haven’t watched it, but in my eyes, this was once again a lame PPV. Last year we crowned our first Undisputed Champion; this year we had pointless matches and feuds that are going nowhere.

W IS FOR…

WWE – So, with the “Get the ‘F’ out” saga, the WWFE rightfully changed to WWE, as some say it’s not wrestling as in a sport anymore, it’s wrestling as in entertainment with highflying moves.

Women – If you ask me, the Women’s division is pointless. The one time where Harvey Whippleman won the belt was the only decent story line that the Diva’s have had!

X IS FOR…

Xtreme – So, Team Xtreme, Matt, Jeff and Lita are three tough, young guns. They fly through the air, putting their bodies on the line each show they do. After having great feuds with Edge and Christian, Dudleyz and APA, they seemed to have disappeared, just like the WWE Tag Team division. I meen, where have they all gone? Dudleyz now has Spike and Bubba instead of D-Von, APA is over, E&C has been over for ages and needs reforming. Billy & Chuck…retire while your ahead!

Y IS FOR…

You – What would WWE be without it’s loyal fans. They do all the cheering; they do all the face/heel deciding. YOU are an important person in the world of entertainment, otherwise, where do they get the money from for English PPV’s, and Sky Box Office PPV’s.

Z IS FOR…

Ze wrestling – I think that’s how the French say wrestling. Heh, sorry, I couldn’t think of anything for Z.

If you feel the need, add your own ones, and comment on the ones that I have done. These are what’s keeping the WWE alive, and what’s weighing it down!
Tue 15/07/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Plate of glue"
*Sprays with airfreshner*
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:12
Regular
:cD

You can so tell by the crapnessnessness of this topic.

Reaking of Crapnessness...
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
DW wrote:
> Dude, I wrote it like a year ago.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that but now that you say...
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:38
Regular
I'm nearly a regular whooooo. :cD

I'll be a five time five time five time five time five time Regular. Now can you dig that, sucka?
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:37
Regular
mXtheared was a shop in Cornwall.

It was actually called "Theory Maniax" which I changed to "Maniax Theored" and then to "mXtheared" :cD
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
:c$
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah, the days when DW had crazy names.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:21
Regular
Dude, I wrote it like a year ago. You can write "Crap post" without me biting your head off hoho.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Missed a few...

J is For...

Jericho - One of the best ever to step in a WWE ring... :)

L is For...

Living Legend - Theres not many. Need I name one? ^^^^^ :D

:D

Good Post. :)
Fri 11/07/03 at 23:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mXtheared wrote:
>
> When did RVD get his chance? When he got one shot at the Undisputed
> Title? Or when he's in countless matches with Eddie Guerrero?

amen brother.
RVD has been wasted so far....

Brock
> doesn't deserve a push this early on in his WWE career. He deserves
> one, no doubt, but why not just give him the Intercontinental Title?

because he's FAR too big for the IC title with the way the WWE operates at the moment. Plus, Vince has a thing for having the big guys as the main guys.

> At Summerslam, I think Brock will either lose his shot, or it'll be a
> Fatel Four Way, in which Kurt will end up winning.

brock rules as a heel. i liked him a lot better that way. when heyman did the talking (cos brock's mic skills aren't great still... but they're getting there) and he just wandered round pasting people :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.