GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Room 101-B - Sonic the Hegehog..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 18:04
Regular
As you all know, Room 101-B is the place where computer game characters can choose what they want to get rid of. Last week, Luigi was the guest and managed to get 2 out of his 3 choices into the abyss that is Room 101-B. During the week, the name of the 53-year-old midget woman in reception was found out. She didn't look too happy when we stole her purse either. Her name is Ingrid and, while she was running down the corridor to get the purse back, we sneaked into the office that she denied us from entering last week. However, once we got inside, we didn't find anything and we couldn't get the name of the show changed back to Room 101. So, welcome to the second episode of Room 101-B. This week’s guest was supposed to be Link, but the show was under pressure from the head of PR. Apparently, the show risked being called a "Ninty". So, his appearance has been postponed until next week. The replacement guest is Sonic the Hedgehog, so let’s get on with the show.

Thankfully, Ingrid was so happy to have her purse back that she decided not to press charges against Bobby Nunhouse, who was the one that acted as our decoy. So, here he is to introduce the guest.

“Sonic the Hedgehog has appeared in many best-selling games across more than one console. His latest appearances include Sonic Adventure 2 on the Nintendo GameCube & Sega DreamCast and Sonic Advance on the Nintendo GameBoy Advance. Welcome to the show Sonic.”

Sonic curls up into a ball and spins on the spot. He then rolls onto the stage in a blue blur before jumping up and landing in the guest’s seat to say, “Hey guys! Let’s take out the trash!” adding his usual ‘thumbs up’ look to the phrase.

“Why do you always have to play up to the camera?” Bobby asks.

“I just like to make all my fans happy, right guys?” the spiked blue hedgehog replies.

“Well you can drop the enthusiasm today, Sonic. Dr. Robotnik isn’t around today.”

“Who?” asks Sonic.

“Dr. Robotnik” Bobby repeats.

“Oh, you mean Dr. Eggman?”

“Why do you call him Dr. Eggman?”

“Well, it’s something to do with my thousands of fans in Japan. I’m not sure exactly, but it sure makes him look stupid. Heh” Sonic explains as he winks at the camera.

“Sonic. Please. Drop the act!”

Sonic looks at the floor in shame and says, “OK”.

Bobby Nunhouse starts to look a bit guilty after realising he’s made two guests feel bad in as many episodes. He quickly shrugs off his look of guilt by getting on with the show. "Let's see what you’ve chosen as your first candidate for Room 101-B.”

Bobby reaches into the draw beside him and pulls out a stuffed toy fox. As he places it on the stage, he asks Sonic to explain.

“It’s obvious. It’s Tails. No, let’s call him by his real name. Miles Prower.”

There are gasps from the audience and quiet mutterings. Bobby waits for the audience to settle before asking, “This is a bit of a shock, Sonic. Why have you chosen Tails?”

“He’s always following me around, getting in the way. I just wish he’d find his own thing to do, instead of wanting to be me. I mean, I know I’m a celebrity but…”

“Sonic!” Bobby interrupts, making it clear that Sonic is being bigheaded.

“I’m just sick of him following me around. Anyone would think we were married. I don’t know why his hobbies have to revolve around me. I hope he doesn’t fancy me, or something. It’s bad enough having to deal with that Amy obsessing over me every damn day!”

“Let’s see if we can change your mind with this video,” Bobby says as he turns to the monitor behind him.

The video clip starts off showing some children playing on the Sega Megadrive before cutting away to a man sat in a chair. The man looks distinctly like John Major. He is talking to the two children who were just seen playing on the console. He asks them some questions.

“What’s your favourite computer game kids?” asks the John Major look-a-like.

“Sonic 2!” shout both the kids synchronously.

“Why is that?”

The first kid answers “Because.”

The second offers a more detailed answer. “Because we can both play against each other. He can be Sonic and I can be Tails.”

“Why don’t you both play separately?” is the next question.

“Because,” answers the first kid again, who now seems to be slightly retarded.

“We like to play against each other. If Tails wasn’t here though, we’d have to play separately and that would be boring. We might not play at all,” explains the second kid, who now looks like he should be in year 6 instead of year 5.

The video clip ends and Bobby asks Sonic, “What do you think?”

“Well, I suppose if kids would get bored of playing just me, then I suppose wasting their boredom on Tails is a good thing. I tell you what; can we just get rid of one of his tails? That way, he wouldn’t be able to fly after me so quick. I just want to stop him from chasing me all the time. I don’t want my fans to get bored of me.”

The audience seem to appreciate Sonic’s gesture and applaud.

“Right then, I think everyone’s agreed. This fox already represents Tails. Let’s just assume it means tails in the body part sense instead of the character sense. In it goes!”

The audience cheer as Bobby presses the red button and the stuffed toy falls below.

"Now then, I think a lot of people can relate to your next choice. You want to put in some old shoes, don’t you?" says Bobby.

As Bobby places a pair of trainers on the stage, Sonic says, “Not just any old shoes, though. Their brand name is “Speed Boots.” They only last about 20 seconds before they get ruined and I have to put my old pair back on.”

“I think I know what you mean. Everyone dislikes things that don’t last very long. Another example of things that don’t last long is users on a website called Game A Day that spam and generally annoy people by starting console wars. People don’t like those either.”

Sonic agrees and adds, “I just wish they’d last as long as my regular boots have. That way, I’d be able to get anyway faster and not have to worry about them getting wrecked.”

“I think we’re all agreed on this one. In they go!” Bobby announces with enthusiasm. He presses the button again and the audience scream with happiness.

"OK. Your third and final choice is…" Bobby looks at Sonic and makes a gesture to him to continue.

“Hair dye”

“Hair dye? Why, of all things that you could have chosen, have you chosen hair dye? You could have chosen something like an annoying JAT.”

“What’s a JAT?” Sonic asks.

Bobby Nunhouse coughs. “Erm, I’ll explain later! Why have you chosen hair dye, then?”

“Well, if it wasn’t for hair dye, I wouldn’t be the colour I am today. I fell in a batch of blue hair dye when I was born. You didn’t think I was born blue did you?”

“Erm…”

“No, I was born a natural brown colour. I managed to wash the dye off my skin, but the bits on my hair seem to be permanent. I can’t get rid of it at all.”

“Ah, so that’s why you’re blue. We all just thought it was a genetic thing.”

“What? Did you think my mum was yellow and dad was blue, or something?” Sonic asks sarcastically.

The audience laugh as Bobby places a bottle of hair dye on the stage.

“OK. There’s a bottle to represent it. What do you think life would have been like if you hadn’t been blue? Do you think you would still be famous today?” he asks.

“Yeah. I mean, the reason I’m famous isn’t because I’m blue.”

The audience try to look as if they agree with him, but the man on the front row gives it away by laughing very loudly.

“Oh…” says Sonic in a very disappointed way. “I’ve changed my mind. I want hair dye to stay out of Room 101-B.”

“Are you sure?” asks Bobby. “Let’s ask the audience if it should go in. Everyone who thinks that it should go in, shout now.”

There is a brief silence before a man towards the left side of the studio shouts out. Bobby tells him to wait for the microphone to come to him.

“What was it you wanted to say?” asks Bobby.

“I hate the guy. I wish he never fell into that dye. I wish he would go away, never mind Tails,” replies the man.

Sonic is about to attack the man with a spin attack, when security guards run in and drag the man from the audience and out the studio. Another man comes to explain.

“He was in the wrong forum… I mean studio. He dislikes everything other than his own favourites. We’re not sure what his real name is. Everyone calls him ‘Fan Boy’ as if he were some super hero, or something. He won’t bother you again.”

“Oh well, then,” says Bobby, “let’s finish the show. Sonic, have you decided whether you want to put the hair dye in or not?”

“Yeah. I want it to stay out of Room 101-B!”

“OK then, it stays out. Well, that’s it for this episode folks. Tune in next time when we’ll have Link on the show. To end today, let’s see more of the video we saw earlier with the guy that looked a lot like John Major.

The audience cheer and applaud as the video starts, followed by the credits. The video shows the John Major look-a-like asking more questions to the children. The audience laugh as they watch the first kid continually reply with the answer “Because” whilst the look-a-like gets very frustrated. The screen goes blank and the show ends.

Thanx for reading guys...
-Shadow-Dragon-
Fri 26/07/02 at 20:20
ShadowDragon wrote:
> Once you have met all the criteria, you just have to wait till 4am the
> next day. However, all spamming in the past will have been taken into
> account and SR may delay it for a few days.

Thanks. hopefully i'll be a regular tomorrow. No more "stupid n00bs!"
Fri 26/07/02 at 15:00
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hercules! wrote:
> Jez13 wrote:
> Suprised you haven't won a GAD for that yet
>
> -------
>
> Maybe because the lists wont update till monday now?

-------

Or maybe because he hasnt even won?

Bleh!
Fri 26/07/02 at 14:55
Was Boz banned for doing that or was the post just deleted?
Fri 26/07/02 at 13:59
Jez13 wrote:
> Yer, but if they did take that off, i would still have enough words to
> be a regular.
-----
Once you have met all the criteria, you just have to wait till 4am the next day. However, all spamming in the past will have been taken into account and SR may delay it for a few days.
Fri 26/07/02 at 13:36
AfroJoe wrote:
> Sometimes when you spam SR take off the word count that you got while
> spamming.
>
> Remember your incident in the Pokemon forum...

Yer, but if they did take that off, i would still have enough words to be a regular.
Fri 26/07/02 at 13:35
Jez13 wrote:
> Whats he done?
-----
He quoted the whole thread just to get his word count up. The staff have removed it now, though. Thanx to whoever it was, by the way.
Fri 26/07/02 at 13:32
AfroJoe wrote:
> Boz, you're going to have to be reported for that...

Whats he done?
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:24
Right, that's the second time this has happened. I think it was jamthom last time, and he's been banned!
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Boz, you're going to have to be reported for that...
Fri 26/07/02 at 12:16
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Boz = MORON.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.