GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, I'm thinking of a new phone.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/05/08 at 14:51
Regular
I've had the same Samsung cell phone for the past three years and I'm about due for a new one. I was looking at the Blackberry Pearl or Curve only because they come with a range of features that include the camera. Gotta have a camera. :) What kinds of phones does everyone else have?
Wed 25/06/08 at 14:46
Regular
I have a Samsung G800, and whilst it's a stable phone it's a tad boring. The camera is 5mp but quite frankly it sucks, and it also killed my 2gb Mirco SD card I put into it :(

Previously I used the Nokia N73 and it was a cool phone at the time it proved to be relatively unstable (for example it randomly switches off as it chooses)

Annoyingly I have since moved back to the N73 as my G800 decided I was no longer allowed to send messages that took more than 2 messages, and I LOVE to ramble on and on. Even more annoyingly I gave away the memory card I had for it as I wasn't planning on using it again :| having said that the phone has been twice as stable without the memory card.

Therefore the conclussion is Phones=Women.
Wed 25/06/08 at 12:08
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
N95 8GB, There are other phones that have a few similar features but the main perk to the N95 is the symbian software allowing you to add loads of third party apps and games.

I have TomTom, Opera, Route66, YouTube, Google Maps, MSN, Iphone Auto Rotater etc all installed on mine and also taking into account that the 8GB hdd, 5MP camera which records video at amazing smooth quality, GPS which works with many third party apps like TomTom, Route66, Garmin etc and the built in WIFI you cant really beat this phone.

I used to work for Vodafone and know alot about phones, this phone is a gem.
Sun 15/06/08 at 12:09
Regular
"Mooching around"
El Viking wrote:
> Me neither; I simply have no need for any of the features on
> modern mobiles as they're nothing more than half measures and
> gimmicks.

Perhaps, but some of the new efforts coming out recently do look very impressive, so it can be of great use to carry just one item rather than two or three.

That said, if you lose the phone, then you're screwed.

> Reminds me of people mindlessly going on about how much they
> paid for their watches. I really couldn't care less how much they
> cost, mine was pretty cheap and does what I need it to, plus it
> doesn't look too bad...

I hate that too, I've never seen the need for a Rolex watch. Mine was a tad more expensive than normal, but that's because it's actualy interesting :) It runs off kinetic energy and it charged by the movement of your arm/wrist.

Plus it's back is made of glass so you can see the inner workings :P
Sat 14/06/08 at 22:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Me neither; I simply have no need for any of the features on modern mobiles as they're nothing more than half measures and gimmicks.

Although my camera recently died, I still don't feel the need for one attached to my phone, as without a decent-sized lens and proper zoom, you can't take more than snapshots, and I've never really had a habit of taking them. I also own a 30 Gb MP3/Video player and a pocket PC (the latter of which I never use anyway.)

When my telephoning device finally dies, it's likely to be replaced by something solid, possibly with a camera, just so I can take silly photos to amuse myself when very drunk. Get me a mobile phone that can be used to make coffee and I'll be impressed.

Reminds me of people mindlessly going on about how much they paid for their watches. I really couldn't care less how much they cost, mine was pretty cheap and does what I need it to, plus it doesn't look too bad...
Sat 14/06/08 at 22:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
El Viking wrote:
> I still use one of these marvellous
> devices.
> Very difficult to kill them off, and the battery lasts for ages
> compared to most of what's on sale these days.

I've still got a Nokia model even earlier than that one. Only mobile phone I've ever bought. I dont really get the obsession with having the latest and greatest phones.
Sat 14/06/08 at 19:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I still use one of these marvellous devices. Very difficult to kill them off, and the battery lasts for ages compared to most of what's on sale these days.
Sat 14/06/08 at 11:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
Speaking of the 3G iPhone, are 02 ever going to do a pay-as-you-go option? They say they are, but I have my doubts, and it's the only way I'd ever buy one. Considering that it still only cost £101 to buy, if Steve Jobs is to be believed.
Fri 13/06/08 at 22:47
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> The Reaper wrote:
> Best phone I've ever owned
> W810i
>
> This guy knows what he is talking about! I've had this for like
> 2 years now and rarely screws up. I'm not really too fussed on
> what phone I have as long as it works!

Well I'm with these guys. I have this phone, and it's lasted me absolutely ages.

I had an upgrade about 11 months ago to some Sony W18 something or other, and it broke after a couple of weeks, so I reverted back to this phone.

I don't use it for any techy stuff, other than making calls/sending texts, but it has a fairly decent camera, settings and considering it's a couple of years old, you'll be able to pick one up really cheap. It's also really easy to use like most Sony phones.

I'm extremely heavy handed with it. If I'm honest, I've tried to break it many times by throwing it at walls, floors, vexxxed and many other Freeola employees etc, to use an an excuse to buy a new phone, but it just won't break!!

I'm tempted to get one of the new IPhones, which launch in early July with 3G, GPS and a few other bits and bobs (plus at £100 odd it's a really good price), but I've put this current phone under immense pressure, and it just seems to get better.
Fri 13/06/08 at 19:41
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I reckon i'll get one of them new £100 iPhones, does anyone know if they're on pay as you go or is it just pay monthly.

Apple announces cheaper 3G iPhone
Fri 13/06/08 at 13:58
Regular
"RUCK"
ELLO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.