GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 games that run on a super nintendo."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/07/02 at 22:10
Regular
Before you ask there aren't any. The point that i'm making is that the games designers of today aren't using the full pontenial of the machines. Yes are are many games that do GTA 3, MGS2 and star wars: rogue squadron 2. There are loads of games on the new consoles that don't.

What do you think about this topic would i be right in saying that our games machines aren't tested enough or they they used to their best on each game?
Tue 23/07/02 at 22:10
Regular
"I confused?"
Before you ask there aren't any. The point that i'm making is that the games designers of today aren't using the full pontenial of the machines. Yes are are many games that do GTA 3, MGS2 and star wars: rogue squadron 2. There are loads of games on the new consoles that don't.

What do you think about this topic would i be right in saying that our games machines aren't tested enough or they they used to their best on each game?
Tue 23/07/02 at 22:29
Regular
"Selected"
There's no proof to your statement, how do you know GTA3 uses more 'potential', if thats what you call it, the MGS3?
Wed 24/07/02 at 02:19
Regular
Hmmmmm....

Interesting to see Sega releasing the Sonic Mega Collection thingy for the GameCube (load of old sonic games on one disc)

I dont really care if it uses the full capabilities of the console or not. I'd be happy playing and buying games for my SNES now if they still made games for it.
Wed 24/07/02 at 13:37
i was just thinking that when a developer makes a game he isnt intrested in testing the machine he just wants his ideas to become real and look like he wants it to and do what he wants it to.

i dont think he will add extra things to test the machine as this might not be the idea intended.

Zelda is a good example Shigys wantted cel shading (for some reason) and if thats how he wants it let him he might just pull it off.
Wed 24/07/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
It could sometimes be due to the fact that some developers don't have the facilities or resources to make a game use a console's full "potential".

For example, a developer like Rareware, who are part-owned by Nintendo (and I am therefore assuming that they have access to a limited number of Nintendo's resources) can produce amazing games like Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong 64, whereas a developer like Titus might not have the large number of facilities and resources accessable to Rareware, and therefore this might be their "excuse" for knocking up such travesties like Superman and Carmageddon 64.

Though saying this, some developers are just lazy - especially when it comes to movie licences - and will knock up a game in a matter of months and hope its' licence alone will shift enough copies to make a decent profit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.