GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Con? or bargain?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/05/08 at 19:12
Regular
Basically you bid on an item and you pay 50p for each bid... when the time runs out, you win.. however with 15 seconds remaining if someone bids, time will be added..

They get quite alot of bids on each item and make quite a bit of profit on each product, its a good idea why didn't i come up with it! However good chance that you will lose out on the bid to another bidder..

link to telebid

Then there is this newer site which has potential to get bargains at the minute because it has few visitors/bidders..

link to flookle

You pay 50p once again for a bid, however once reserve price is met and time is up you dont pay anything.. only the bids you pay for.. don't have to pay for delivery or the final price..
Tue 01/07/08 at 19:21
Regular
I have used the site and and "won" a game over a month ago. Still waiting for it to be delivered, have emailed site twice and have had no response. Have reported to PayPal and will wait and see if anything happens.
Tue 06/05/08 at 10:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yeah, but my point was that you need more people, but once you have more people, the more it costs you.

It seems to get a bargain here, you should try to be quite reserved with your bids/credits, and try to put them on late in the game. And of course, have a heap of luck too :P
Mon 05/05/08 at 16:47
Regular
The Reaper wrote:
> Trouble is, with flookle, to get a bargain, you need to meet the
> reserve price. Each bid only adds 8p to the auction, so in
> essence, you need to have a lot of people bidding on the
> item for it to sell.
>
> For example, I see here, a GTA game, it's at £0 so far,
> but with a reserve of £8. It's finishing it 30 secs as it
> goes.
>
> But to reach that price on my own, I'd need to bid 100 credits,
> which costs me £50 in the first place.
>
> Very clever sites, very clever.

Flookle is only a week old so is obvioulsy not going to be very popular at the minute, that's why I made a Post on here to try and a boost it a bit.. not spam honest ! Anyway as for telebid.. if people stop bidding after 15 seconds it would finish.. the last person to bid wins.. but if someone bids again with 13 seconds remaining another 15 seconds are added on.. I have seen a Wii go for as cheap as £5 on there.. telebid is more popular and gets to reserve price if it has one quickly, but on most of its products does not have a reserve price..
Mon 05/05/08 at 12:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> And no game seems to end on telebid.

Having watched it - it's nonsensical - the bids never end do they.
Mon 05/05/08 at 11:37
Regular
And no game seems to end on telebid.
Mon 05/05/08 at 11:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
Trouble is, with flookle, to get a bargain, you need to meet the reserve price. Each bid only adds 8p to the auction, so in essence, you need to have a lot of people bidding on the item for it to sell.

For example, I see here, a GTA game, it's at £0 so far, but with a reserve of £8. It's finishing it 30 secs as it goes.

But to reach that price on my own, I'd need to bid 100 credits, which costs me £50 in the first place.

Very clever sites, very clever.
Sun 04/05/08 at 19:12
Regular
Basically you bid on an item and you pay 50p for each bid... when the time runs out, you win.. however with 15 seconds remaining if someone bids, time will be added..

They get quite alot of bids on each item and make quite a bit of profit on each product, its a good idea why didn't i come up with it! However good chance that you will lose out on the bid to another bidder..

link to telebid

Then there is this newer site which has potential to get bargains at the minute because it has few visitors/bidders..

link to flookle

You pay 50p once again for a bid, however once reserve price is met and time is up you dont pay anything.. only the bids you pay for.. don't have to pay for delivery or the final price..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.