GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics Cards"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/07/02 at 17:56
Regular
i had 180 quid today...
and went into the city center...popped into EB and was thinking of getting a gamecube with rogue leader 2 and a mem card...
but then my eyes fell upon Creative Labs 3D Blaster Titanium 4200 (which cost 180)
and in the spur of the moment i went i bought it
i had a Geforce 2 MX before....so was it a wise move?? should i have spent the 180 on a different card instead??
cos i'm a bit ignorant about all these graphics cards
Sat 03/08/02 at 15:18
This may sound absolutely rubbish but when i was upgrading my G-Card there was something called a 128MB Magic 3 graphics card. yeah u might be thinking and.. Well the thing is it was (drumroll) £64. No I am not lying. Could this be anywhere near da GF 4 not sure because then again it was only from an independant dealer.Was it from the Black Market or back of lorry me not sure. If anyone else has heard of this "Magic 3" do not hesitate. Post @ once!
Sun 28/07/02 at 22:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
Memorandum wrote:
> Don't be stupid guys the GeForce 4 Ti4200 is a top of the range card,
> surpassed only by the 4400 and 4600 models, Ti cards always kick the
> butts of MX cos they have much more advanced chipsets. Eg. MX400 is
> 200MHz and GeForce3 ti200 is 175MHz and it is much much more powerful.

oh don't worry i knew that all along...which is why i got it in the first place
but i've already returned it and got a gc...sorta regretting my decision
Sat 27/07/02 at 15:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Don't be stupid guys the GeForce 4 Ti4200 is a top of the range card, surpassed only by the 4400 and 4600 models, Ti cards always kick the butts of MX cos they have much more advanced chipsets. Eg. MX400 is 200MHz and GeForce3 ti200 is 175MHz and it is much much more powerful.
Wed 24/07/02 at 18:32
Regular
"accidental superher"
well my decision has been made...
i'm gonna get a gamecube instead...well actually i've already gone out and got one :D
the geforce 2 will do for the time being until later...
Wed 24/07/02 at 13:13
Regular
"accidental superher"
with warcraft 3 my geforce 2 MX did do the job ok...but it was with gameslike NWN where the difference is a lot more noticeable
Wed 24/07/02 at 12:54
"Darkness, always"
beanz wrote:
> Warcraft 3 -Highest detail for everything, 1280x something....runs
> wonderfully

I achieve this with my GeForce 2 MX 200. In fact, any game other than Warrior Kings I can have on max with full detail and no slow down.

You should have got the GameCube mate.
Wed 24/07/02 at 12:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm not very good at making decisions either!
i think i might put this up in fog to see what people think...
Wed 24/07/02 at 10:11
I'm not very good at making decisions but if I were in your shoes, I would be very tempted to get the gamecube, though if you could raise the cash up again, and maybe more, in the next few months, there are some very good games being released for it.

It’s a tough question but seeing as I love Nintendo so much I would go for the gamecube. However I’m being slightly biased here, so I’m not really giving a fair answer.

I have one good suggestion: rent a copy of Super Monkey Ball, get your hands on some extra controllers and play the multiplayer as it’s one of the best I’ve ever played - Recommended.
Wed 24/07/02 at 02:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
so far i've tested it on:

Neverwinter Nights -64mb textures, highest detail, SHINY WATER (WOOHOO) at the resolution just about 1024x whatever...and it looks and runs great

Warcraft 3 -Highest detail for everything, 1280x something....runs wonderfully

now the problem:

Soldier of Fortune 2 -tried to run it at highest detail on 1024x whatever...but had problems...cos it took AGES to load and also when it did load it didn't run that smoothly so i had to go back down to 800 x 600

anyway the question is:

should i have bought a gamecube+game+mem card instead of the graphix card?
cos i still have the opportunity to return it...
Tue 23/07/02 at 23:55
Regular
my gts beats the pants out of my old mx400 TBH..... cant belive i bought it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.