GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"recording minidiscs from PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/07/02 at 17:17
Regular
I recently purchased a rather funky soundcard on the cheap because it didn't have a box or installation software. It's got an optical digital output on it, which I can use to connect to my minidisc and record stuff. While this is good I'm stuck with having to put track marks in myself as it only records whatever's coming out of the soundcard, as one continuous track.

So I was just going to ask if anyone knows of any software I could use to transfer stuff easily. Thanks.
Sun 28/07/02 at 22:49
Regular
"keep your receipt"
you should get one like mine, with a USB connection. It records 80 minutes of music (in MDLP4) in 2 minutes. MDLP4 can record 5 hours onto an 80 minute disc.

USB Minidiscs come with their own software too.
Sun 28/07/02 at 16:10
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Nope, I got it from the computer building section at PC world, and saved £60. What's more I do have all the software and the documentation having downloaded it, and the soundcard didn't come with minidisc software in the first place. Because the card only has a digital output, which is used for a wide variety of things, not just minidiscs.
Sun 28/07/02 at 14:55
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Sorry mate but if you paid for hardware without install discs or an instruction manual then I have absolutely NO sympathy for your plight, I gather you bought it from a computer fair?

A little tip, NEVER buy important hardware from anything other than a reputable dealer, and especially not from a computer fair, cos if it knacks up your computer or anything, legally you don't have a leg to stand on cos the item isn't covered by the kind of warranty you would get from a reputable dealer.
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
My MiniDisc doesn't seperate tracks after a second or so, it's digital and because it's linked to my CD player it stops the track when the CD starts a new one. I've got no idea how to configure it up to a PC soundcard though so you'll probably have to put up with it unless you can find some ducumentation on the internet, probably best to have another look at your soundcard, get a name or some details off it and enter it into Google and put your reading glasses on :)
Tue 23/07/02 at 18:02
Regular
Unless you have an automark facility on your minidisk (which starts a new track whenever there's roughly a one second gap in sound), you'll need some kind of digital output. You can get special minidisks that link up.. but i'm guessing you don't have that.

To be honest, i'd just keep the analogue connection, and the first time you listen to the disk, put in the track numbers then.
Tue 23/07/02 at 17:17
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I recently purchased a rather funky soundcard on the cheap because it didn't have a box or installation software. It's got an optical digital output on it, which I can use to connect to my minidisc and record stuff. While this is good I'm stuck with having to put track marks in myself as it only records whatever's coming out of the soundcard, as one continuous track.

So I was just going to ask if anyone knows of any software I could use to transfer stuff easily. Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.