GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paintballing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/07/02 at 17:08
Regular
I'd like to start a general discusion for all things Paintball. First, i'm looking for a good gun for £200 or less, an ideas?
Wed 24/07/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Yeah, i know all that, gas, face mask, battle pack, tools, all that stuff, but most sites that sell paintball guns, also have the other stuff, just not always at a good price.
Wed 24/07/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Been Paintballing 3 times. Won 3 times. Mind you, I'm always on Pauls team, and he's in the marines.

A paintball gun for under £200. I've seen 'em somewhere for £20. But they were placky, and the p'balls looked like candy. Don't forget you need all the gas cylinders et al, if you want a propa an.
Wed 24/07/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Thank's, but i'm looking at the Genesis Surge df from Viewloader. it has a 10 ball per second rate of fire. It's only $149.99, so, if anyone's got any comments about this gun, they'd be welcome.
Wed 24/07/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Go to http://www.uttings.com
They have a nice selection of air rifles and pistols, and some paintball guns too. For £199 you can get a Sheriden XTS, which according to the blurb can fire up to 7 paint balls per second. I am sure that will suit your needs perfectly.
Failing that, buy tin of dulux and hurl it into the fray.
Wed 24/07/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Fog, i've been going every month for about 2 years now. I know all the rules, but the crappy rental guns just don't cut it any more. I was at Big Game 2002, at Cosford the other month, my tippmann 98 was usless, i could have done a lot better with a proper, killing machine.

They don't shoot at 300mph, they can fire at 300fps(feet per second), but do leave the gun at around 260 mph, but soon slow down.

I really love Paintballing, but i'm 16. Balancing money is very difficult at the moment, but i don't really want to spend more that £200 on a gun(which i really want). You can see my predicimant.
Wed 24/07/02 at 16:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would have a look around Ebay, they are pretty reasonable and you can usually get them bundled with the mask, gas and some paintballs.
Wed 24/07/02 at 16:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Why would you want a gun? they're pretty lethal, heh, i'm guessing you've just been and want to shoot your mates some more. I'm not sure if you can buy them privately or not i'm pretty sure you'd need some kind of licence.

Anyway, Paintball rules, i've only been twice but both times were class especially if you get a mate trapped into a corner, muwahaha.
Some of my mates went with their work and didn't get any bruises, I think it's a bit of a waste of time if you don't get shot much you know whos been running around more.

There was a paintball area close to me and they enjoyed putting us in games where we had no choice but to get shot at from short distances, getting shot on the head hurts a lot but if it bounces of it feels like someones hit you with a hammer, sounds bad but it's a great laugh.

If you want a gun i'd recommend getting a gas BB gun but don't get any old gun get one with metal gabbings, probably get a Desert Eagle for £200, my mates Desert Eagle can shoot clean through metal sheets with Polystyrene pellets, BB guns arn't for kids :D you canget Gattling gun versions too! he he. Hand made though, cost about £1000.

A paintball gun doesn't sound like much fun without a full-face mask on. They fire at 300Mph+ it could probably tear your skin off.
Tue 23/07/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I'm pretty sure anyone can post in FOG chat, it's FOG prime that you have to be a Regular or Notable for.
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I would love to, but they won't let me yet, perhaps someone else could do it for me?
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah I have an idea, post this in the life or FOG chat forum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.