GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Visual Cafe 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 21:11
Regular
Does anyone have Visual Cafe 3 for the PC? I'm trying to devloping a prorgam that links itself and displays data from a MS Access database. Firstly, is this possible, and secondly, how do you go about doing it?

I've already done said prgroam in Visual Basic, but have no idea how to convert it (I'm planning on writing it from scratch).
Tue 23/07/02 at 21:27
I'm completely new to the Visual Cafe interface - I've just nabbed it off a coverdisc.

Sorry for being unclear about before - what I'm trying to do is to simply link data from a MS Access database and display it in a custom amde program in java. But don't worry, I've being messing around with Visual J++ all day and found I can do it from there. I've almost finished converting it completely now to java code.
Tue 23/07/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
When I think Visual Cafe, my next thought is usually, what a piece of junk. But if thats all you've got... Personally when it comes to java development, I'm happy just with textpad or if I really want some project management then developerpad.

Not really sure what sort of information you're looking for about your project, you want to use the java JDBC libraries to connect to your access DB I suppose. Difficult to say more without specifics of what advice you want.

-G
Tue 23/07/02 at 09:40
Regular
""
Have you used Visual Cafe before? If not, I'd choose another IDE and stay well away from it. I had to use it once on a project before and it was a nightmare. The idea of code wizards sounds great for writing beans but in practise the whole of the development department ditched it and used JBuilder instead. It just created too much redundant and unmaintainable code.

Don't know what the other java guys here think but I've found JBuilder one of the most user-friendly apps. Kawa isn't bad either as an IDE too. I've seen older versions of JBuilder given away free on mag covers, and Kawa is downloadable from their website.

Don't quite get what you're trying to do? Link what itself?
Mon 22/07/02 at 21:11
Does anyone have Visual Cafe 3 for the PC? I'm trying to devloping a prorgam that links itself and displays data from a MS Access database. Firstly, is this possible, and secondly, how do you go about doing it?

I've already done said prgroam in Visual Basic, but have no idea how to convert it (I'm planning on writing it from scratch).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.