GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA series on PS for the next 4 years. What console war?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 13:15
Regular
With Sony securing two of the biggest gaming franchises in the world Lara and the 6million in a year selling GTA series the future looks rosy for a least one of the major consoles.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:15
Regular
With Sony securing two of the biggest gaming franchises in the world Lara and the 6million in a year selling GTA series the future looks rosy for a least one of the major consoles.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:22
Regular
Ah, all is fine, Lara is staying on the PS2.

WTF?!
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Techno freak wrote:
> the future looks
> rosy for a least one of the major consoles.

Yes the GC does seem to have an interesting lineup...

Its just a shame for us Europeans they seem to release consoles in the Spring, leaving us with only the launch lineup to play with until the Christmas launches arrive at the end of the year.

Maybe their will be a time when console titles are only released in time for Christmas?
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:30
Regular
Its no problem now Mr.shanks.

Freeloader is out on August 5th and with the help of those lovely people at dvdboxoffice.com you can get games such as Resident Evil for under £30
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:35
Regular
Although, i must admit, seeing "the legend of zelda" already in the play top ten (it wont even be released till next year!) is slightly worrying...
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:36
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Techno freak wrote:
> the future looks
> rosy for a least one of the major consoles.
>
> Yes the GC does seem to have an interesting lineup...
>
> Its just a shame for us Europeans they seem to release consoles in the
> Spring, leaving us with only the launch lineup to play with until the
> Christmas launches arrive at the end of the year.
>
> Maybe their will be a time when console titles are only released in
> time for Christmas?

That's not a lot of use now when my GC is sat at home gathering dust because of poor game releases that I have already played or got on my PS2. I have owned a GC for the last 3months and I have bought 0 GC games and 6 PS2 games in that time.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:39
Regular
Techno freak wrote:
I have owned a GC for the last 3months and I have bought 0 GC
> games

Could i just ask why you bought a GC? Parden my enquiry but usually i find that people buy consoles to play games on?
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Techno freak wrote:
> That's not a lot of use now when my GC is sat at home gathering dust
> because of poor game releases that I have already played or got on my
> PS2. I have owned a GC for the last 3months and I have bought 0 GC
> games and 6 PS2 games in that time.

You've bought no games for you GC?... I think I may have discovered the reason you’re not finding it much fun to play on?

The console wars?... Are they really an extended discussion regarding the ambiguous superiority of different systems hardware capabilities and software quality or is it merely a game of one-upmanship in an attempt by individuals to hide their sexually inadequacies and insecurities?
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:44
Regular
Let the hard core gamers buy the first batch of bug ridden hardware for a v.high price. Wait for the games to follow, then buy the machine. But then some people just have to have it on day 1 don't they!
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:47
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Techno freak wrote:
> I have owned a GC for the last 3months and I have bought 0 GC
> games
>
> Could i just ask why you bought a GC? Parden my enquiry but usually i
> find that people buy consoles to play games on?

I would if there was anything worth buying I mean where are they all, Mariocart, Resident Evil, Zelda, Perfect Dark 2, Metroid Prime. Games like ISS2, Bloody Roar and Super Smash Bros are not in the same league and are games you would only buy if you were desperate which I am not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.