GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shox"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 11:57
Regular
http://gamespot.com/gamespot /filters/products/screenindex /0,11104,561990,00.html (remove 2 spaces)

The PS2 isn't exactly short of a few rallying games this year, with v-rally 3 just out and Colin McRae 3 on it way, not to mention a few other lesser known rallying titles. Well guess what? There's another one on its way, only it's made by EA big, who as we all know made SSX, so it probably won't be just an ordinary rally title.

Follow the link at the top to see some very nice looking screenshots of the game, very nice indeed. From what it looks like it's going to be an arcade type racing game, one of those where you race round weird and unrealistic tracks where there is more happening off the track then there is on it. Much like Ridge Racer's tracks.

One feature that sounds interesting is that you'll be able to wager you're own car in a special wagering mode, to try and get you're hands on better and faster rally cars. It could prove to be one of the games bigger features if the developers manage to do it right. The game will also be able to have up to 4 players, which is rare for these types of games, but should again prove to be a big feature, if it's done right.

The only real problem is the game will have some heavy competition, not least from CM3 and Toca: RD, plus there hasn't really been a decent EA big title since SSX and it's follow up, so there's every chance this title could flop like other EA big games such as Sled Storm and NBA Street. Still, it's looking good from what I've seen, I just hope it plays as well, and it's yet anther racing game that I'll be adding to my most wanted list.
Tue 23/07/02 at 12:47
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Looks a good game.
Tue 23/07/02 at 12:23
Regular
"  "
Doesn't look a bad game. Not sure how it will fare againsts McRae but who knows. Looks quite nice though.
Tue 23/07/02 at 11:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
http://gamespot.com/ gamespot/filters/products/media /0,11100,561990,00.html
(remove 2 spaces)

Follow this link to see a video of the game, which is a bit of a bad quality vid, but it does show an example of the kind of tracks available in the game.
Mon 22/07/02 at 11:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
http://gamespot.com/gamespot /filters/products/screenindex /0,11104,561990,00.html (remove 2 spaces)

The PS2 isn't exactly short of a few rallying games this year, with v-rally 3 just out and Colin McRae 3 on it way, not to mention a few other lesser known rallying titles. Well guess what? There's another one on its way, only it's made by EA big, who as we all know made SSX, so it probably won't be just an ordinary rally title.

Follow the link at the top to see some very nice looking screenshots of the game, very nice indeed. From what it looks like it's going to be an arcade type racing game, one of those where you race round weird and unrealistic tracks where there is more happening off the track then there is on it. Much like Ridge Racer's tracks.

One feature that sounds interesting is that you'll be able to wager you're own car in a special wagering mode, to try and get you're hands on better and faster rally cars. It could prove to be one of the games bigger features if the developers manage to do it right. The game will also be able to have up to 4 players, which is rare for these types of games, but should again prove to be a big feature, if it's done right.

The only real problem is the game will have some heavy competition, not least from CM3 and Toca: RD, plus there hasn't really been a decent EA big title since SSX and it's follow up, so there's every chance this title could flop like other EA big games such as Sled Storm and NBA Street. Still, it's looking good from what I've seen, I just hope it plays as well, and it's yet anther racing game that I'll be adding to my most wanted list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.