GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"80's rock is back!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/05/08 at 14:54
"possibly impossible"
Both Whitesnake and Def Leppard have released new albums, is this a poodle-haired rebellion against a land being taken over by hippity hops and RnBees?

Well, Songs from the Sparklelounge, the new Leppard album, starts of as it means to go on. While it's no Hysteria, it oozes energy and tongue-in-cheek rock attitude. A few duffers let it down a bit midway, but for the most part it's a rock party in a suitcase.

The new Whitesnake album, Good to be Bad, has all the guitar, all the Coverdale vocals and all the Rock Ballards it quite rightly should have, almost as good as their early 80's work (right up to and including 87, before Slip of the Tongue).

Viva le Rock, as Mr Adam Ant once said...
Mon 07/07/08 at 22:00
Regular
"8==="
Extreme are returning too.
Wed 04/06/08 at 20:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'll be seeing both in a few weeks time at the Graspop festival in Belgium, which should be pretty cool.

Almost as good as Whitesnake's early 80s stuff, you say? Seeing as I've been listening to Slide It In a fair bit recently, I should check this out. If the ballads can touch the likes of Blindman and aren't Is This Love-style nonsense, I'm even more in!

Haven't had much interest in anything Def Leppard have released since Pyromania, once I heard much of Hysteria I thought it was far too weak and overproduced. But then, I always preferred the stuff they did back when they were playing proper Hard Rock.

Now, I await the new Judas Priest album.
Fri 02/05/08 at 14:54
"possibly impossible"
Both Whitesnake and Def Leppard have released new albums, is this a poodle-haired rebellion against a land being taken over by hippity hops and RnBees?

Well, Songs from the Sparklelounge, the new Leppard album, starts of as it means to go on. While it's no Hysteria, it oozes energy and tongue-in-cheek rock attitude. A few duffers let it down a bit midway, but for the most part it's a rock party in a suitcase.

The new Whitesnake album, Good to be Bad, has all the guitar, all the Coverdale vocals and all the Rock Ballards it quite rightly should have, almost as good as their early 80's work (right up to and including 87, before Slip of the Tongue).

Viva le Rock, as Mr Adam Ant once said...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.