GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bring back streets of rage"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 11:02
Regular
Who thinks there should be a new streets of rage for one of the new next-gen consoles.I think so. it would be great seeing all the gang in 128 bit glory.Just beeing able to see Adam,Axel ,Blaze,Skate and max again would be marvellous.

The original series has to be one of the greatest game series of all time with streets of rage 2 being the best of the series.Sega have already announced a new next-gen SHINOBI which is another legened so why can't they bring streets of rage out of retirement for one last battle.

If they did make a streets of rage 4 they should definitely stay well away from the streets of rage 3 story of MR.X being killed but a scientist keeps him alive by preserving his brain.

They dont neccesarily have to do a new game as im sure gaming veterans would love to see a 128 bit 3-D version of streets of rage 2.

another idea they could do is like what they did on the SEGA-SATURN with SONIC JAM.RE-RELEASE the original trilogy of games as a collection for the playstation 2 with a bonus DVD covering the start of the series ,interviews etc.

All 3 ideas are very good indeed dont you think.

If you are too yong too remember streets of rage then here's a quick history lesson.Streets of rage is an absolute classic and no doubt the best 2-D scrolling beat em up ever.here are each games storyline.

STREETS OF RAGE 1
The streets are rife with crime and the police are now powerless to help as the police force has been taken overby a new chief of police who answers too only one man.MR.X has now taken over the city and there are only 3 people too stop him.3 young ex-cops,ADAM HUNTER,BLAZE FIELDING and AXEL STONE risk their lives on the STREETS OF RAGE.

STREETS OF RAGE 2
1 year later just as things were getting back to normal in the city a shadow looms.MR.X has returned and has kidnapped Adam.the entire city isengulfed in fury,rage,suffering and EVIL.This time 4 people prepare to put an end to MR.X once and for all.They are AXEL STONE,AXEL'S pro wrestler friend MAX,BLAZE FIELDING and ADAM's kid brother 'SKATE' Hunter.

STREETS OF RAGE 3
The battle is over.All things are peaceful and normal in the city and MR.X IS DEAD,or so they thought.It was just another day on the job when all of a sudden an explosion occurs at the police station.Then it is announced that the chief of police has been kidnapped by none other than AXEL.4 people set out to find the person responsible for the bombings and clear AXEL's name by finding the chief of police.They are AXEL,BLAZE,SKATEand former scientist for MR.X's research and developments DR.ZAN

THanks for reading my streets of rage hopes and ideas
CHEERS
Mon 22/07/02 at 11:02
Regular
Who thinks there should be a new streets of rage for one of the new next-gen consoles.I think so. it would be great seeing all the gang in 128 bit glory.Just beeing able to see Adam,Axel ,Blaze,Skate and max again would be marvellous.

The original series has to be one of the greatest game series of all time with streets of rage 2 being the best of the series.Sega have already announced a new next-gen SHINOBI which is another legened so why can't they bring streets of rage out of retirement for one last battle.

If they did make a streets of rage 4 they should definitely stay well away from the streets of rage 3 story of MR.X being killed but a scientist keeps him alive by preserving his brain.

They dont neccesarily have to do a new game as im sure gaming veterans would love to see a 128 bit 3-D version of streets of rage 2.

another idea they could do is like what they did on the SEGA-SATURN with SONIC JAM.RE-RELEASE the original trilogy of games as a collection for the playstation 2 with a bonus DVD covering the start of the series ,interviews etc.

All 3 ideas are very good indeed dont you think.

If you are too yong too remember streets of rage then here's a quick history lesson.Streets of rage is an absolute classic and no doubt the best 2-D scrolling beat em up ever.here are each games storyline.

STREETS OF RAGE 1
The streets are rife with crime and the police are now powerless to help as the police force has been taken overby a new chief of police who answers too only one man.MR.X has now taken over the city and there are only 3 people too stop him.3 young ex-cops,ADAM HUNTER,BLAZE FIELDING and AXEL STONE risk their lives on the STREETS OF RAGE.

STREETS OF RAGE 2
1 year later just as things were getting back to normal in the city a shadow looms.MR.X has returned and has kidnapped Adam.the entire city isengulfed in fury,rage,suffering and EVIL.This time 4 people prepare to put an end to MR.X once and for all.They are AXEL STONE,AXEL'S pro wrestler friend MAX,BLAZE FIELDING and ADAM's kid brother 'SKATE' Hunter.

STREETS OF RAGE 3
The battle is over.All things are peaceful and normal in the city and MR.X IS DEAD,or so they thought.It was just another day on the job when all of a sudden an explosion occurs at the police station.Then it is announced that the chief of police has been kidnapped by none other than AXEL.4 people set out to find the person responsible for the bombings and clear AXEL's name by finding the chief of police.They are AXEL,BLAZE,SKATEand former scientist for MR.X's research and developments DR.ZAN

THanks for reading my streets of rage hopes and ideas
CHEERS
Tue 30/07/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I would love to c streets of rage back! Im a side scrolling beat em ups, picking up drain pipes and eating chickens off the floor. I bought my GBA just so i could play final fight! we need more scrolling beat em ups!!!!! the only thing that comes close is state of emergency, but i think that was preety cruddy. Oh and that game "the bouncer" for ps2, pathetic attempt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.