GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poll: Medal of Honor Frontline. good???? or bad????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 02:40
Regular
just curious
Sun 28/07/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Frontline is the best shooter on PS2 by miles, but still isn't a match for the likes of Halo.

I read a review from PSW of Frontline and it was sooo bad. They made Frontline out to be the greatest thing ever, giving it 10/10 when really it shoulda been 8 or so.

Frontline is plagued with faults for starters. Theres no multiplayer option in sight (that alone should have stoped it getting 10/10) No co-operative mode, very dodgey framerate, short length, linier levels and at times laughable AI.

The worst thing though I found to be was the controls. Aiming is terrible, it takes a bout 4-5 seconds to line up a shot, by which time you could be dead.

Now for the good points- great setting, good style, nice graphics, varied missions, gameplay is good(controlls let it down), replay value and the first mission is great, just like saving privite ryan.

Well worth getting but it's nowhere near as perfect as some mags and people will tell you.
Sun 28/07/02 at 14:12
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Can someone tell me if this game is made more for a serious gamer or
> is it just a bit of fun?

It's realistic which is really cool. It can be fun at times. i have only played snippets at my mates. If you arent really good at FPS'ers, you might take a while to get good but its worth it.
Sun 28/07/02 at 12:33
MOH is good. I like the first level because it's very exciting, but have a look at the reviews of it.

:)
Sun 28/07/02 at 09:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Can someone tell me if this game is made more for a serious gamer or is it just a bit of fun?
Sat 27/07/02 at 23:04
The first mission in MOH is great, the sound and visuals of bombs going off and men dying is great, the most realistic yet...

Then it went it a bit Rambo... when you take on the army on your own on the sub and into the next few missions until around mission four when your back in the city and have men to cover and them to help you... the team combat is great and more 'war-like'...

An average score.. but swayed to good... (8/10)

Why?
Sat 27/07/02 at 22:56
Regular
i also wanted to know this
I was thinking of buying it or saving for stuntman or another great game
Sat 27/07/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Bobba you"
Great game. But! It's To! Short I hope if there is any more that they are longer.
Sat 27/07/02 at 21:16
its good and bad. the graphics and gameplay is great but its not what i expected on the first mission because i thought you would just run up the beach killing the enemy like in the moveis n programmes about d day but you have to keep going back and forth on the baech helping stupid men who cant fight for themselvs. sorry but i wanted more. so my verdiced avrage.
Mon 22/07/02 at 15:43
It's an atmospheric game, and is certainly difernet from shooters based on sci-fi plots.
Mon 22/07/02 at 15:42
Regular
I think it's a great game - still playing it now, going back to collect medals, etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.