GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A gaming holiday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 18:07
Regular
It's already the summer holidays for some people, but for me, I break up from school in two days, which means, gaming heaven for 6 weeks. Think about it; playing games all summer, stocking up on memory cards, extra controllers, more games, all ready for you and your 60+ hours happily playing away at advance wars or final fantasy X. It's like a gaming holiday. But what if gaming *was* your holiday….

Holiday trip 1- Mario Sunshine.

Great holiday, even better price. Visit the local harbour town's lovely scenic buildings, hills, oil spills and killer piranha plants, all for a great price of £40. Not only is this holiday venue a great place to visit historical sights, but you also get the chance to see your very own imposter! But wait, there's more! You get to ride, yes, ride your very own green, fruit eating, egg throwing dinosaur, known as Yoshi. He will be your guide round this fabulous town, and will answer any questions you have burning inside you. Remember, ask for tour Guide Yoshi and get a free water cannon! (While stocks last- subject to availability) You'd be mad to miss out on this great opportunity!

Holiday trip 2- SSX Tricky.

Fancy a bit of snowboarding during the summer holidays? (How ironic ;D) Well, look no further than SSX tricky! You have the chance to visit many locations from around the World, including Hawaii, the USA, Japan and England! Speed down mountainsides, pull of amazing tricks, get your boost meter full and go even faster! On this great holiday, you also get given special Uber tricks. These amazing tricks will allow you to spin faster, fly higher and look even better, as you detach your feet from your board and get tricky! Given the choice from many snowboarding instructors, including Eddy, Elise and Moby, you are in for the ride of your life! It's snow joke (yes- pun intended ;D), this is one cool holiday.

Holiday trip 3- Halo.

What a great holiday this will be! Visit space as you've never seen it before, land on an amazing ring, cleverly disguised as a doomsday-type weapon; get kitted out with powerful weapons and blast Aliens 'till the cows come home! Action packed? You bet! It's got more action in it than a Jackie Chan movie guest starring Bruce Lee! Maybe that gives you some idea in this amazing holiday. Still not satisfied? Well, not only do you get to blast aliens on foot, you are given the choice to drive many cool vehicles, each fitted with weapons that will make the aliens shiver from the other side of Halo! Drive the warthog over hills, just barely managing to keep balanced, fly around in a banshee or blast away at the aliens with a scorpion tank, each fitted with a machine gun/ laser cannon as standard. Order today and get a free upgrade in your vehicle! Choose from a CD player, air conditioning or nuclear missiles. Cannot be missed!

Holiday trip 4- Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Smash, smack, bang. Fancy a bit more 'kick' in your life? Well, look no further! How could you turn down the once-in-a-lifetime chance of laying into Pikachu, smacking him with a mix of Kicks and punches, and then send him flying with a bomb-omb, or a smack round the face with a beam sword. Choose from many insane partners, such as Link, Samus, Mario and Fox as you travel around a snippet of Nintendo history, visiting classic sights as the fountain of dreams, the immortal Hyrule Castle and, of course, DK Jungle in an epic fight against some of the best trained fighters in history! Plus, if you enjoy collecting trophies, then you are in for a treat here! There are 290 up for grabs, collected through the game, or in the lottery, you have a hard time collecting them all! Book now, and get the chance to fight against Giga Bowser and the crazy hand, only equipped with your knowledge of Fighting and a Gamecube controller, what else would you want? Oh yeah, right, a sandbag hitting contest. Well, we'll even throw that in too! Order now!

Final holiday trip 5- your favorite games rolled into one super holiday!

What an opportunity this is! You can choose up to 5 games of your choice, and roll them all into one! Yes, you did hear right. Imagine, sitting down by the pool sea, watching the wave race jet-skiers speed past, before getting kidnapped by Bowser and saved by a fat plumber under the name 'Mario'. Then, escaping through the streets in Burnout whilst being shot at by James Bond, before finally saving the world as everybody's favorite elf-like boy, dressed in a green tunic and brown boots. All for the amazing price of £50!!! If you were to miss this, you would either be on one of our other holiday locations, or are in need of a visit from the men in white coats…

So, to conclude, if you want to get the most out of your game, be part of it, don't just play it.

Thanks for reading

Microchips
Tue 23/07/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh- thanks guys. It's yellow in prime though, that's why it isn't yellow here! :D
Tue 23/07/02 at 14:39
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> If the GAD winners list is correct, then this is a GAD winner, but
> strangely, the topic isn't yellow.

it was yellow earlier when I read it
Tue 23/07/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well done on the win Micro, you deserved it!

:)
Tue 23/07/02 at 10:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If the GAD winners list is correct, then this is a GAD winner, but strangely, the topic isn't yellow.

Hmmm...

Well done one the win Microchips!
Mon 22/07/02 at 22:07
Very good my young padawan! Oh that reminds me, I would definately go on a star wars holiday! Hell yeah. Anyways, Tenacious D rock! Sorry about that, it slipped out ;-)
Deus
Mon 22/07/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cheers guys!
Mon 22/07/02 at 09:02
Regular
"['....']"
Cool post
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:59
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Great post.
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Thanks Time warp. :D
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:11
Supoirb! Very funny! Another typical Micro post is a hit! (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.