GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael Schumacher."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 15:19
Regular
Well, he's done it. 5 World Championships is not an easy thing to do. And as MArtin and James said in the commentary, it could easily have been 7 or even 8.

Still, I hope they just tell him to sod off now. I hope he retires, then maybe the Championship will be a bit closer next year.

Still, maybe if he was English I'd want him to stay around a bit longer. Perhaps I just don't like him because he's Germa. Ah well....

And what about Jenson Button? Rumours are suggesting he's definately off to BAR.

Personally, I'd like to see Schuey retire, Montoya go to Ferrari, and Button back to Williams.

Thoughts?
Mon 22/07/02 at 21:17
You can't compare modern drivers like Michael Schumacher to those of 40 and 50 years ago. When Juan Manuel Fangio won his five championships is was practically a different sport. Sure you can compare Schumacher to Prost and Senna but not with the likes of Fangio and Farina.

Also, as I have already argued earlier in this topic, Schumacher has proved himself the best in the world by winning two titles for Bennetton in a car which was not the best and coming close in the Ferrari soon after when it too was not the best car.

Another arguement which people often use against Michael Schumachwer is the teams use of team orders. This again is a pointless arguement. Team orders have always been used and in the days of Fangio a team would even stop one driver in the race so that the team mate could have his car.

Which ever way you look at it he is the best driver of the modern era.
Mon 22/07/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Na†ßu© wrote:
>We all know an F1 victory is mainly down to the technology and not the driver.

I agree that it mainly is down to technology, I mean they dont even need to bother with working gears(not much anyway). But all drivers have the same technology at thier fingertips so they all have an equall oportunity to do well in a race apart from the cars that are really low on horsepower but I would like to see M. Schumacher drive a Formula one car from about 40 years ago and see how he handles it.
Mon 22/07/02 at 18:54
Regular
Schumacher should sod off indeed. He should let way for others and maybe the F1 Championship would be more of a battle!

Yeah, i'd just like to see Schumacher in a Arrows or something like that. Then we will see if he is a "Terrific" driver or just that he has a great F1 car.
Mon 22/07/02 at 15:57
Unfair contest between Tiger Woods and Michael Schumacher. Schumacher has a helmet to protect against Tiger's 3 wood!
Mon 22/07/02 at 15:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'd like to see Michael Schumacher have a fight with Tiger Woods, to see who really is the best.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:53
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> CTroy wrote:
> I don't think you guys are giving Schumacher the respect he
> deserves.
>
> I don't care how good a driver Schumacher is, he lost all of my
> respect with his tactics a few years ago of charging people off of the
> track.

Oh I agree. I never claimed he should win prizes for sportsmanship. I just meant respect in terms of driving talent. Think back to his remarkable wet weather performance in Spain a few years ago.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:22
"High polygon count"
CTroy wrote:
> I don't think you guys are giving Schumacher the respect he deserves.

I don't care how good a driver Schumacher is, he lost all of my respect with his tactics a few years ago of charging people off of the track.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think McLaren would be closer to Ferrari with a better engine and Williams have been hurt in numerous races by the Michelin tyres not working very well.
Mon 22/07/02 at 12:47
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Maybe they should do a charity race or something and swap
> everyone around into different cars. That would be cool :D

Great idea! Lets' write to Max Mosley and tell him!
Mon 22/07/02 at 12:00
I don't think you guys are giving Schumacher the respect he deserves. Sure, F1 is less exciting when a driver wins the title this early but surely this deserves huge credit. As for him only winning because he has the best car. Rubbish! In his entire career he has only been in the best car for two seasons - this year and last year, and he completely dominated. When he drove for Bennetton they were not the best team - Williams were stronger, and for the first few years at Ferrari, until 2001 they weren't the best car. Williams and then McClaren held that honour in the late 90s. Credit where credit is due. Schumacher is the best driver of the modern era, even if he is German.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.