GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What does everyone think of the Lord of the Rings game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 12:46
Regular
Personally i have seen all the links and screeneys and im still in 2 minds wether to get it or not?! as i loved the books and the film (s) , but the game looks like it has just fallen flat on its face on a very stoney road, the grphics look good but from what i can see, there is no plot!

www.lordoftherings.com

neway see what you think and convince me!
Sun 21/07/02 at 15:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> I think it would have been more interesting if they had made a fully
> fledged, beardy type RPG set in middle earth, but not based on LotR's

Agreed there. Obviously EA hace realised they'd make more money basing the game on the film thanks to it's popularity, than the book that most people who watched the film, probably didn't even read. I have my doubts that this game will be anything 'but' another cash-in on a popular franchise, so I'm not holding my breath.
Sun 21/07/02 at 15:23
Did you know that about 15 or so odd years ago they made the very first Adventure from LOTR called the Hobit very basic text and early grafics and it was very buggy but it was there and LOTR games have been made before a sort of fight em up adventure.
Sun 21/07/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I think it would have been more interesting if they had made a fully fledged, beardy type RPG set in middle earth, but not based on LotR's
Sun 21/07/02 at 12:46
"I h8 ron atkinson"
Personally i have seen all the links and screeneys and im still in 2 minds wether to get it or not?! as i loved the books and the film (s) , but the game looks like it has just fallen flat on its face on a very stoney road, the grphics look good but from what i can see, there is no plot!

www.lordoftherings.com

neway see what you think and convince me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.