GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RESIDENT EVIL, R U BUYING IT????"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 12:44
Regular
I can't wait! 13th September isn't that long a way, so r u getting it???I'm not really a resi fan but i can't miss this game, can someone please answer these questions:

1) Will the game be £40 or are they going to do this £60 thing with free memory card, i really hope not in my case.
2) Is it pathetically hard, like you'll be stuck on one thing for days and get bored with it quick, and is the saving going to be difficult as well, i'm not a fan of the find type writer ribbon and then a type writer but i don't mind if they are helpfully scattered in the right places, if you get what i mean!!!
3)Is the game fast paced so you'll will get into different rooms quite quickly and not be stuck in the same room for an age.

I know there stupid questions but i found all the other resi games quite annoying, i'm hoping this is different, it sure looks more playable and better in all ways, does anyone agree???

Also please feel free to talk about resident evil on the GC and what your looking forward to here as well, i like everyone's opinions.....
Mon 22/07/02 at 22:09
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I think the GameCube needs more games like Resi and Eternal Darkness. All the launch games were really fun but they didn't 'grip' you, and get you immmersed in the games, like Monkey Ball and Luigi's Mansion. Although I like that type of game (Mario Sunshine import, here I come) it'll be nice to get stuck into a really hard adventure during the summer. That is, when I'm not workin...
Mon 22/07/02 at 00:38
Regular
Hmm. The resident evil series is one heap of games i've not actually played yet, and nobody i knew with a ps ever thought it to be worth getting, so i'm a bit sceptical as to how a fairly old game with a graphical makeover (albeit a good one) can be worth so much hype.

Also, there are so many other great games rivaling for my cash, so.. i'm not sure about this one.
Sun 21/07/02 at 23:26
Regular
cookie monster wrote:

> WHY??? From the comparison in graphics eternal darkness pales in
> comparison, the zombies are so primitive looking.

It's not about graphics, Eternal Darkness is looking like having more varied and intresting gameplay. I've never been a massive fan of Resi Evil and I'm a bit skeptical about getting it where as Eternal Darkness looks amazing, the graphics may not be as good but it just looks like more fun.
Sun 21/07/02 at 23:23
I realise that, BUT eternal darkness looks like a brilliant game and appeals more to my liking. The reviews have been excellent and I like the idea of an impressive story blended with great gameplay.
Remember, it has been in development for around four years and surely with that much time to spend on it silicon knights must have done a good job.

I must admit I never got into resident evil games all that much but the two games seem quite different so I hope to get both if I can. There's just the problem of raising the cash as I can't get a proper summer job at fourteen. =(
Sun 21/07/02 at 23:19
Regular
Nope, I was intending on ram Raiding Dixons on my Bike the night before it goes on Sale.
Sun 21/07/02 at 23:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Asparagus Man wrote:
> I hopefully will, but I want eternal darkness so much more.

WHY??? From the comparison in graphics eternal darkness pales in comparison, the zombies are so primitive looking.
Sun 21/07/02 at 21:11
I hopefully will, but I want eternal darkness so much more.
Sun 21/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"innocent"
Check out NGC magazine this month if u wanna see what Resident evil's goona look like cos its on the demo dvd

if anyone cares
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Back For Good"
Anyone who doesn't buy this game is missing out on one of the Gamecube's biggest highs, The Original was basically the first of the Survival Horror genre and gave the adventure games a gigantic boost. 6 years later it's remade to the gamecube's full potential in 128bit and 60hz glory, nuff said!
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:00
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Yeah, I'm sure to be getting. Oh, and it's quite likely to be a 15
> rather than an 18, coz that's what the PSone version was!

It better not be an 18...... I expect it'll be a 15, since the US "Mature" rating roughly translates as 15. In the US it's supposed to be 17 years, but they also have an Adult rating for 18, so Mature usually becomes 15 in the UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.