GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Challenge Week"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/07/02 at 00:14
Regular
It's time to see who is mighty and who is weak.

Call it a clayability pontest, call it whatever you want. The gauntlet has been thrown down regardless.

Enter as many of the challenges as you want (or can, depending on which games you can get hold of).
I've tried to go with games that people are most likely to have, or at least borrow, so they can enter as many as possible.

Running until 12 noon next saturday (27th july), try as many times as you want. Don't use any cheats. Only scores achieved playing between now and the cut-off time count.
Results must be posted before 12 noon on the saturday, judged by the time noted on the post listing them (ie, using sr's clock). This probably won't be too strict, but it's always good to have a clear idea of the rules.

And don't feel you have to post every result you get. Just your best, or your updated best evry couple of days, will be pleanty for me to go through next weekend thanks ; )

Saturday we see who's the daddy : )

The challenges are as follows:

1. Super Smash Bros:
Stadium> Multi-Man Melee> Endless Melee
Play as whoever you want. How many enemies can you defeat before being defeated yourself?

2. ISS 2:
Friendly match, play as england, against brazil, 'real' difficulty level.

Use the game's original pre-set team listings. You can select your team from any of the england players on the 'starters' and 'sub' (not 'unreg.') lists, and needless to say, you can't change the brazilian line-up, or their other settings, and you can't edit any of the players for either team.

Game settings are:
Difficulty - real
Play time - 5 mins
Condition - perfect
Extra time - no extra time
Weather - clear
(the others are up to you)

Best scoreline wins - based on winning (or losing) margin, and goals scored to break ties (ie, 3-1 is better than 2-0 as you scored more goals).

3. Super Monkey Ball:
Get to the game's credits (by completing the main game one difficulty setting).
This challenge is for how many bananas you can collect by the time you get to the finish line.

4. Burnout:
Single race, you choose the car (including any ones you unlocked in face-off), on the 'interstate' track.
Position doesn't matter, it's your total time for the 3 laps that counts here.

5. Pikmin:
Challenge mode, the forest of hope.
How many pikmin can you grow in one day?

Good luck.
Sun 21/07/02 at 00:14
Regular
It's time to see who is mighty and who is weak.

Call it a clayability pontest, call it whatever you want. The gauntlet has been thrown down regardless.

Enter as many of the challenges as you want (or can, depending on which games you can get hold of).
I've tried to go with games that people are most likely to have, or at least borrow, so they can enter as many as possible.

Running until 12 noon next saturday (27th july), try as many times as you want. Don't use any cheats. Only scores achieved playing between now and the cut-off time count.
Results must be posted before 12 noon on the saturday, judged by the time noted on the post listing them (ie, using sr's clock). This probably won't be too strict, but it's always good to have a clear idea of the rules.

And don't feel you have to post every result you get. Just your best, or your updated best evry couple of days, will be pleanty for me to go through next weekend thanks ; )

Saturday we see who's the daddy : )

The challenges are as follows:

1. Super Smash Bros:
Stadium> Multi-Man Melee> Endless Melee
Play as whoever you want. How many enemies can you defeat before being defeated yourself?

2. ISS 2:
Friendly match, play as england, against brazil, 'real' difficulty level.

Use the game's original pre-set team listings. You can select your team from any of the england players on the 'starters' and 'sub' (not 'unreg.') lists, and needless to say, you can't change the brazilian line-up, or their other settings, and you can't edit any of the players for either team.

Game settings are:
Difficulty - real
Play time - 5 mins
Condition - perfect
Extra time - no extra time
Weather - clear
(the others are up to you)

Best scoreline wins - based on winning (or losing) margin, and goals scored to break ties (ie, 3-1 is better than 2-0 as you scored more goals).

3. Super Monkey Ball:
Get to the game's credits (by completing the main game one difficulty setting).
This challenge is for how many bananas you can collect by the time you get to the finish line.

4. Burnout:
Single race, you choose the car (including any ones you unlocked in face-off), on the 'interstate' track.
Position doesn't matter, it's your total time for the 3 laps that counts here.

5. Pikmin:
Challenge mode, the forest of hope.
How many pikmin can you grow in one day?

Good luck.
Sun 21/07/02 at 00:21
Regular
Just to get the thread started, i played each challenge through once, to check they were any good (and ditched some others that weren't).

Here's how i did:

Super Smash Bros Melee - 59 KOs
ISS 2 - Won 3-1
Super Monkey Ball - 639 (White-collared mamgabe :O) )
Burnout - 7.19.366
Pikmin - 206

There you go, something to aim for, and they shouldn't be all that hard to beat, since they were all cold runs, and just one effort.
Sun 21/07/02 at 00:39
Super Smash Bros Melee - 57 KOs
ISS 2 - Won 3-2
pikmin - 233
Sun 21/07/02 at 00:41
CuBeRuLeZ wrote:
> Super Smash Bros Melee - 57 KOs
> ISS 2 - Won 3-2
> pikmin - 233

I'll try again tommorow afternoon....i think i can beat 57KOs...not too bad i suppose...easily beaten i would think?
Sun 21/07/02 at 09:56
Regular
"In and out :)"
Super smash bros melee 100 KOs
ISS2 1-0
Sun 21/07/02 at 11:23
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I can only do SSBM and Pikmin, but someone's borrowing it :-(

I was hoping Rogue Leader would be there...
Tue 23/07/02 at 00:22
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I thought more peeps would have taken up this challenege
Tue 23/07/02 at 02:51
Regular
I'm hoping they have, but aren't posting their results until the end of the week : )
Wed 24/07/02 at 08:32
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
i hope evrybody knows there is no way of prooving your high score so anybody could make it up, i'm not accusing anyone but im just saying;-)
Wed 24/07/02 at 19:28
Regular
I got 115 KO's on the endless melee *clap, clap*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.