GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enclave & Prisoner Of War"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/07/02 at 03:40
Regular
Could anyone tell me if Prisoner of War, or Enclave are any good? Can anyone give me any scores they have recieved from the press?
Sat 20/07/02 at 03:40
Regular
Could anyone tell me if Prisoner of War, or Enclave are any good? Can anyone give me any scores they have recieved from the press?
Sat 20/07/02 at 09:13
Regular
Haven't played them yet, though I'm expecting Enclave any day now.

I don't really trust the reviews in the press, so the proof is in the playing.
But I think both games will be decent titles.
Sat 20/07/02 at 09:47
"High polygon count"
Prisoner of War was on my list (albeit on PS2), but having seen the game running, I don't think I'll be bothering.

Not only does it look tedious, but the graphics are also poor - on Xbox as well as PS2, according to garbe.
Sat 20/07/02 at 10:46
Regular
"accidental superher"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Prisoner of War was on my list (albeit on PS2), but having seen the
> game running, I don't think I'll be bothering.
>
> Not only does it look tedious, but the graphics are also poor - on
> Xbox as well as PS2, according to garbe.

yeah i haven't been very impressed with the game from the start...hasn't got rave reviews but then i suppose it hasn't got really bad ones either...
Sat 20/07/02 at 14:08
Regular
OXM gave POW 7.2/10. It got a better score than Enclave which only got 5.8/10. My guess they're wrong [again].
Sat 20/07/02 at 14:51
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've got round to playing enclave a bit...and my first impression is:

it's merely mediocre...i mean it isn't REALLY bad...but then it isn't great either :(
ahh well another disappointment (sorta) -i was expecting a real corker of a game
Sat 20/07/02 at 15:08
Regular
Aw beanz, you've just popped my bubble of great expectation.

But then again, low expectation usually = an enjoyable game that turns out better than expected :)
Sat 20/07/02 at 15:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
the game popped my bubble :(
well i'm gonna play some more to see whether it can change my mind
Sat 20/07/02 at 15:45
Regular
From what I've seen the graphics look top-notch, especially the woodland areas.

One problem I might have is that there are no mid-level save points.
Dying near the end of a level and having to restart at the beginning can be a pain in the ar....
Sat 20/07/02 at 17:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
have just been playin it more...got to about level 5
at the moment the levels are rather small...
graphics are good...but there are slowdowns at times
combat is very repetitive...hack...pull back...hack...pull back...hack...maybe stick up your shield (which doesn't block all the time)
the treasure hunting aspect and extra playable characters could lead to replayability -i've only got 3 of the playable characters so far.
still not really sure of what to think of it...i mean it's okay but as before it's not GREAT...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.