GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of GTA........"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/07/02 at 20:30
Regular
Now where do we go with that?
Im not on about "Vice" either, a proper sequel instead.
GTA3 had its fair share of Entertainment, but you couldn't help but feel that a little here and there would make it that bit better.

Firstly, Monotonous Traffic that we see over and over again along with the samey visuals in most parts too and populated streets.
With a sequel, we could have luscious sprawling streets, yes similiar to that what we saw in GTA3 but with a little more variety and graphical splendour.
We could have actual places where we could go and "Rob" when we feel like it. We could then call a Taxi (Or literally 'get' a Taxi) to get the hell out of the Area.
We could call into clubs, play a game of Snooker, Pool and play Darts all at our own leisure.
For me, If Rockstar was to do this, they could perhaps look at the Shenmue series and see what it had done with just general walking about and dropping by at the Pub or playing a game of Darts.
It could be done and yes it would fit in well with GTA4, wouldn't it?

Not only would basic walking about and having a quick game of Pool be a nice touch, but the inclusion of Motorbikes that was so missed in GTA3 would make a welcome return to the series.
I know it has been said before countless times now with having them included, but they where pretty popular.
I reckon, nothing would would beat the feel of hopping onto a GTA Version of a Harley or Ducatti speeding away from Local Authorities, think about it!.
The inclusion of the Motorbike would do wonders to the playabilty.

And what about the people on the streets?
We could do away with those annoying sayings for one-that are the same in near enough every street.
Walk by a person or bump into one in GTA3 and usually he or she will mutter something at you, walk on a bit more and do the same and discover the same sentences over and over, we could do with a little variety of speech in that front. Another area to improve upon.

And as for the Car Radio-
It would be a lot better if in GTA4 they could actually have more stations for the radio and more songs. Maybe Rockstar could bring out an expansion-disc in the future with extra music and stations and send it to some PS2 magazines to be included and shown on the front cover.
I don't know about others experiences with it, but I for one played GTA3 hours on end and got a little tired hearing the same track over and over, they where great at the start yes, but generally no matter what you tried to do, you ended up hearing something on the radio you heard so many times before.

But alas, there are more. Those are just a few of my own samples of how to improve upon the mighty GTA3. But yet, maybe I'm asking a bit too much, heck- is my own ideas even possible on the PS2 hardware at the moment? Who knows.
But, Is there anyone with any other ideas they would like to see in the sequel? Come on, get motoring with those ideas........
Sat 20/07/02 at 15:10
Regular
"  "
They should make a create-a-city :D
Sat 20/07/02 at 14:50
Regular
did i really say ppl?

what was i thinking of?

the gang idea would make the game good
Sat 20/07/02 at 11:02
Regular
"Back For Good"
->When you end up in water you can swim
->Motorbikes
->Option to turn DJ's off and have solo music (as they get soooo annoying)
->more blood :-)
->Co Op missions
->maybe a little ambisious here as Sony seem to have turned their back on the online issue but imagine Liberty City had an online option! where most of the other people walking down the street are actually other gangsters (change character mod option obviously) but when your doing the mission that part of the game won't include anyone else as they'd get in the way :-)
Sat 20/07/02 at 08:50
Regular
"WWJD"
I agree you should be able to build up your own gang some how, get assosiated with different people and then get them to join your gang. You could build up your money and buy a place of your own like a base were you could go, now that would be cool you could take over a buisness and run it
Sat 20/07/02 at 01:41
Regular
KR wrote:
the one thing i would
> like to see would be the inclusion of going around in a gang of about
> 4 ppl and you have your own gang to go up against the yakuza and the
> mafia etc

Uh huh, that would be cool.

I think in one mission on GTA 3 you had two mafia guys that helped you once but the rest of time you are taking on whole gangs just by yourself! Which shoudnt really be possible...
Sat 20/07/02 at 01:30
Banks to rob and convenience stores would be a great addition, walk into a bank and start shooting, the alarms go and security guards attack... after killing them going behind the counter to get the cash and dash for the exit, only to be greeted by cops who are actually waiting by their cars ready to shoot your aŁ$...

The ability to change clothing and eat would be a great addition. Your health bar decreases (slowly) with the continuous running etc. and you have to eat or drink to stop the slow decrease
or
When it gets to i.e. 30%, it decreases with the more running you do... in return, the consumption of food or drink etc.
Change clothes so you dont get spotted by certain gangs or the cops... i.e. Mafia clothing so you could walk among them etc.

Cops actually arresting others in the city, i.e when the cops drive past the Mafia hideout, they actual hide their weapons or head for cover... if not they get arrested by cops etc.

Being able to swim short distances, not across the ocean!!!

Maybe the radio stations actually changed with what was going on in the city, if you robbed a bank there would be a news flash... or If there were contless murders, maybe they could be included on radio stations... News Bulletins at certain times of day...

Maybe these are a bit over the top but gameplay could be increased greatly for a more enjoyable experience.

Why?
Fri 19/07/02 at 21:56
Regular
motorbikes will be included in GTA: vice city, the one thing i would like to see would be the inclusion of going around in a gang of about 4 ppl and you have your own gang to go up against the yakuza and the mafia etc
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Now where do we go with that?
Im not on about "Vice" either, a proper sequel instead.
GTA3 had its fair share of Entertainment, but you couldn't help but feel that a little here and there would make it that bit better.

Firstly, Monotonous Traffic that we see over and over again along with the samey visuals in most parts too and populated streets.
With a sequel, we could have luscious sprawling streets, yes similiar to that what we saw in GTA3 but with a little more variety and graphical splendour.
We could have actual places where we could go and "Rob" when we feel like it. We could then call a Taxi (Or literally 'get' a Taxi) to get the hell out of the Area.
We could call into clubs, play a game of Snooker, Pool and play Darts all at our own leisure.
For me, If Rockstar was to do this, they could perhaps look at the Shenmue series and see what it had done with just general walking about and dropping by at the Pub or playing a game of Darts.
It could be done and yes it would fit in well with GTA4, wouldn't it?

Not only would basic walking about and having a quick game of Pool be a nice touch, but the inclusion of Motorbikes that was so missed in GTA3 would make a welcome return to the series.
I know it has been said before countless times now with having them included, but they where pretty popular.
I reckon, nothing would would beat the feel of hopping onto a GTA Version of a Harley or Ducatti speeding away from Local Authorities, think about it!.
The inclusion of the Motorbike would do wonders to the playabilty.

And what about the people on the streets?
We could do away with those annoying sayings for one-that are the same in near enough every street.
Walk by a person or bump into one in GTA3 and usually he or she will mutter something at you, walk on a bit more and do the same and discover the same sentences over and over, we could do with a little variety of speech in that front. Another area to improve upon.

And as for the Car Radio-
It would be a lot better if in GTA4 they could actually have more stations for the radio and more songs. Maybe Rockstar could bring out an expansion-disc in the future with extra music and stations and send it to some PS2 magazines to be included and shown on the front cover.
I don't know about others experiences with it, but I for one played GTA3 hours on end and got a little tired hearing the same track over and over, they where great at the start yes, but generally no matter what you tried to do, you ended up hearing something on the radio you heard so many times before.

But alas, there are more. Those are just a few of my own samples of how to improve upon the mighty GTA3. But yet, maybe I'm asking a bit too much, heck- is my own ideas even possible on the PS2 hardware at the moment? Who knows.
But, Is there anyone with any other ideas they would like to see in the sequel? Come on, get motoring with those ideas........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.